Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate

CS3 / EOS 7 / CR2

TNP 12 41 United Kingdom
21 Mar 2011 5:45PM
Hi all,

I have photoshop CS3. Just purchased an EOS 7. It generates CR2 files like my other Canons BUT when I try to open them in photoshop I get " Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document". I cant view them in Bridge either. All my other CR2 files open from other cameras open as usual.

Whats going on??????????

Tim

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog Plus
11 6.1k 58 United Kingdom
21 Mar 2011 5:50PM
You'll need an Adobe update for this issue.
Same for me a 60D's cr2 files was not recognised untill i updated from adobe - free.
robway 15 318 Wales
21 Mar 2011 5:54PM
You may need to download Adobe's DNG converter to be able to view the shots on PS3, if the above suggestion doesn't work.
John
TNP 12 41 United Kingdom
21 Mar 2011 6:21PM
OK thanks,

Damn annoying that CR2 files from my EOS1 are fine but not the new EOS 7 its either CR2 or not CR2.

Will check out Adobe. Is it obvious what files I need?

Had a problem when I tried to view a friends raw files last year but they were Nikon. So maybe the DNG converter might be worth it as well... That free also?

Thanks again for your time.

Tim
mrcal 16 1.0k
21 Mar 2011 6:53PM

Quote:Hi all,

I have photoshop CS3. Just purchased an EOS 7. It generates CR2 files like my other Canons BUT when I try to open them in photoshop I get " Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document". I cant view them in Bridge either. All my other CR2 files open from other cameras open as usual.
Tim

You can always install the software that came with the camera - DPP. It adds an extra step to processing RAW files but it's quite a competent piece of software. Also, Canon keep it up-to-date for all new models.
hobbo Plus
9 1.6k 3 England
21 Mar 2011 7:24PM
I had exactly the same problem with CS3 and SONY ARW (RAW) files.......................unles you upgrade to CS5.....................You need the ADOBE DNG converter..a free programme that converts unknown camera RAWS :

I open DNG Converter then, let it convert files when it has finished you file still contains the orginals plus the new DNGs:

DNG's are ADOBE Digital Negatives............all equal to RAWs:

hobbo
rhody 17 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
21 Mar 2011 7:40PM
You need Adobe Camera Raw 5.6 update to read the 7D's CR2 files - and sadly the Camera Raw 5.6 plug-in is not compatible with versions of Photoshop earlier than Photoshop CS4.
ianrobinson 10 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
21 Mar 2011 8:12PM
same happend to me and as said above just update abobe and it will fix this issue.
ripleysalien 13 1.2k 11 United Kingdom
22 Mar 2011 7:37AM
This might be of HELP

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.