ADVERTISEMENT
Enter ePz's Christmas Prize Draw! Plus, a prize for all on Xmas day!

CS3 won't load onto computer

CathyT 16 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
25 Sep 2009 3:16PM
GGGrrrrrr........after my recent computer crash I am in the middle of re installing all my software....Capture One 4 loaded fine....as did all other software

Trying to load CS3 and the computer won't recognise that there is even a disc in the drive....popped in a music disc to test the drive and works fine.

Any ideas???
simont 18 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
25 Sep 2009 3:26PM
Have you tried to 'explore' the cd.

If so, can you explore it and then run the install program manually?
csurry 20 9.2k 92
25 Sep 2009 3:31PM
Dare one ask if it is a genuine copy of CS3?

Do you have any other PC that you can try it in?
col.campbell 19 1.4k 4 United Kingdom
25 Sep 2009 3:33PM
If your other software discs work, and a music CD also worked, I'd be pointing the finger at your CS3 disc. Is it clean and free of scratches? Even if it looks clean, try giving it a wee polish anyway. Not with Pledge.
25 Sep 2009 3:38PM
LOL...just got off the phone from Adobe.....nothing wrong with the disc...its the reading DVD part of the drive.....

I've obviously deleted something I shouldn't have trying to slim down all the rubbish they load on for a re install...

CD's work but not DVD.
25 Sep 2009 3:38PM
...and yes it is a genuine disc Cheryl...
digicammad 19 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
25 Sep 2009 3:45PM
Worth looking in Device Manager, find the CD/DVD drive and update the driver.

Ian
csurry 20 9.2k 92
25 Sep 2009 3:47PM
Just asking Cathy because some of the non-genuine ones do seem to stop working after a period of time. Not like the buyers can go back and complain is it Wink

Agree with Ian try to update the driver. If you know the model of the DVD drive you could search the support on the appropriate website as well.
GazzaG2003 19 367 England
25 Sep 2009 4:08PM
Cathy if you completely formatted and re-installed Windows (XP?) there is sometimes a flaw which installs the DVD drive as a CD drive, if you have your burning software available, then install it, it may put the correct encoders back on for you.

EDIT: also, right click on the DVD drive and select properties, it can be located in "My Computer" and make sure you have all the correct boxes ticked.
25 Sep 2009 7:54PM
Sorry for the delay................basically I've done another system wipe clean and reloaded all the necessary but its still not working.....the strange thing is it will work on my other machine...GGrrrrr

Quote:Worth looking in Device Manager, find the CD/DVD drive and update the driver.

Ian

Just done that and no change.
25 Sep 2009 7:57PM
It says the device is working properly although it doesn't want to load DVD's either...
25 Sep 2009 9:13PM
I've un installed the driver for the DVD player and then rebooted to re install......not working. I've tried loading a decoder but still nothing

Nothing is happening when I put in DVD...not loading ...NOTHING.

Cd's and data discs are fine.

I'm thinking the actual hardware is kaput ....

That's why I can't load CS3 as it is a DVD. GGrrrrrr.
Morpyre Plus
18 1.6k 8 Wales
25 Sep 2009 10:03PM
i had a similar problem where it couldn't read the cd even though the cd rom was working fine - i copied all the files onto the harddrive and ran the setup program and it installed fine - once it was all on i deleted all of the copied files. =)
Jestertheclown 14 8.7k 255 England
25 Sep 2009 11:57PM
I did a similar thing to what Morpyre describes.
Terrified that the disc would get lost or damaged, I copied the files to 'my documents' on my old computer.
Sure enough, when I needed to install it on my new one, the disc was nowhere to be seen. I copied the files back onto another disc asnd installed from that. I later found the original but I've still got that other disc as backup (along with all the installation files saved in folders on both computers.)
Jester.
Kendo77 13 1 England
26 Sep 2009 12:48AM
If there are registry keys which arerelated to any previous version of Adobe photoshop or CS version then you will not be able to install any CS version - search through your registry keys for adobe and delete any that you find. Er you have already deleted any previous versions as per the intallation instructions yes ?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.