Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

CS4 Instruction book

Billyray 13 70 3 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2010 2:20PM
I would be very grateful for advice on which book to buy for a beginner using Photoshop CS4, I have a little knowledge but not much, so feel a book to read would be a great help. Thanks in anticipation.
Ray
YorkshireSam 11 110 3 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2010 2:24PM
link

Ever heard of Google ?
digicammad 18 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2010 2:26PM
That isn't advice, that's simply a way to find a list of books.

Ray there are some book reviews on here, it would be worth taking a look through them.

Ian
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
2 Feb 2010 2:39PM
I found the Scott Kelby ones good. I have the CS3 version of this one.
2 Feb 2010 4:30PM
Many thanks Guys.
Steve (Samsalt). I had already looked at Amazon for books but was a bit spoilt for choice so needed advice on which are the better books to get but Thanks for your input and link.
Ian (Digicammad). I was not aware about the books page on EPZ and found it very helpful and have copied details for six possibles.
Big Bri. Some very encouraging comments on Amazon about 'Scott Kelby's CS4 book, a strong contender.
Once again thank you All very much. EPZ members are so very helpful.
Ray
2 Feb 2010 5:16PM
Update. Ordered 'Scott Kelby's CS4 book from Amazon.
Ray
psiman 17 574 Wales
3 Feb 2010 8:41AM
Personally I've found that Scott Kelby's books tend to be aimed at the photographer with the end result in mind and don't get too technical, though his "humour" can be hard to take at times. For the definitive guide, "Bible", for CS4 I'd recommend Martin Evening's "Adobe Photoshop CS4 for Photographers". Covers just about everything in detail, though can get a little technical in places.

Simon
billip 16 422 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2010 2:27PM
I like Mark Johnson's ebook "Photoshop CS4 Companion" and also find the "workbench" section of his website quite helpful.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.