Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Cutting up a photo into a grid

paresh72 17 69
10 Sep 2004 12:07PM
As a newcomer to PS not sure how you can cut an image into let say a grid of 9 separate images. What I want to do is create a large image each piece 8x12", and when the 9 separate images are put together it complete to full image.

Hope this makes sense.
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
10 Sep 2004 12:51PM
Photoshopwise, it's easy to do, but you'll need a pretty large file size to print, what will in effect be 24" x 36". Do you want the final print to look like a grid, or just a normal large photo. I have sucessfully printed 30" x 20", so the size you want would be possible, simply a fair bit of interpolation needed. If you don't want a grid effect, why not just prepare one photo at 24 x 36? I don't know what a DSC-P10 is, or what filesizes it is capable of producing, but it needs to be big. I'm not really sure why you want to slice one photo into nine, and then put them back together again. :-(

Frank W
LAF 18 1.7k
10 Sep 2004 3:05PM
I'm guessing this is for printing purposes. The slice tool in image ready is probably the easiest way.

Lee.
shooter 19 105 Canada
20 Sep 2004 5:42PM
Just drag guides from the rulers to where you want the cuts to go.

Then with "Snap to Guides" turned on, you can exactly choose each section with the rectangle marguee tool.

Then just cut and paste into 9 new documents.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.