Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

d200 coating peeled off

graham14 8 7 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2010 1:13AM
Hi , I have a d200 and the rubber coating has come off the body front right hand side. I cant find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement. I know i can get them from nikon but apparently they are almost 100 so am looking for a cheaper alternative.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jken 11 1.7k 1 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2010 6:13AM
Have a look on eBay for a spare or repair body, might get one cheaper that way.Mine comes loose occasionally to.
cheddar-caveman 14 1.1k England
23 Nov 2010 7:36AM
Never had a poor quality problems with Canon over all the years I've used themWink (not very helpful but couldn't resist it!)
Did you get it wet or hot to cause the glue to fail?
As has been said, as they've been out since 2005 there could well be broken models on Ebay "for spares" but couldn't find one at this moment in time.
66tricky 11 742 Scotland
23 Nov 2010 11:55PM
graham14 8 7 United Kingdom
29 Nov 2010 11:44AM
Thanks for the advice guys


Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.