Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

d3 sotware updates

clevercloggs 12 237 2 United Arab Emirates
16 Sep 2011 7:04AM
For some time now I have been wondering whether I should try and update the body software assuming nikon issued some.
Neve did it as with me these kind of things always result in problems meaning that I have less of a camera afterwards than before the update.

Is there a need for it and if so where could I find some reviews and user experience stories?

robert

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LenShepherd 8 3.1k United Kingdom
16 Sep 2011 8:06AM
Nikon has a huge data base for UK customers.
There is a 2011 update available. The link below explains what it does, how to download it etc.

https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/list#s=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..
cameracat 12 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
16 Sep 2011 10:53AM

Quote:Is there a need for it

The bottom line.....!!!

It costs time and money to produce updates for anything, The very fact that companies go to the bother of spending that time & money, To produce " FREE " updates for their respective products, Should give you a clue.....Grin

ie: If they where not needed, These profit making companies would " NOT " spend the time/resources & more importantly " Money " to provide " Updates " of any kind, Especially when they are giving them away for " Nothing "......Wink

That said any or all updates for anything hard/software wise, Are an option, You are not forced to install them, However its a wise idea to " Read " what the update is addressing, If its aimed at a specific issue, One that you yourself have experienced, Then it might be a good idea to apply the update......Grin

Quote:always result in problems meaning that I have less of a camera afterwards than before the update.

All I can say is read the instructions and follow them to the letter, If your always having issues with updates, You must be doing something wrong.....!!!!!!

Speaking for Canon & Nikon, We have never had any problems with updates provided over the last 10 years......Wink
clevercloggs 12 237 2 United Arab Emirates
16 Sep 2011 12:21PM
thank you for your comments.
Had a quick look at the link. I am well impressed with the information available there relatd to the camera type and in general. stored it in my favourites.

robert

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.