D60, losing sharpness!

dicko58 17 6
20 Mar 2005 2:21AM
Is it possible for a digital SLR to appear to loose its sharpness. All of the images that i have taken recently just haven't been turning out 100% sharp, could this be camera error, or just plain old user error??
strawman 18 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
20 Mar 2005 4:43AM
The reasons for non sharp images could be some muck on the sensor (ie a film of contaminant not just bits of dust) or a problem with focusing accuracy.

Try having the sensor cleaned, and if its no better try some focusing tests. If its focusing then increasing the DOF should cure it, so you could set the camera up on a tripod and try different apertures with the same subject. Also compare shots with lenses wide open but switch between manual and auto focus. If its focusing I am certain it can be adjusted.

Either should be fixable.
patters 17 1.8k 1 United Kingdom
20 Mar 2005 7:10AM
i bought a canon 10D a couple of years back after owning a g3. I though it had focus problems, th pics never seemed as sharp. After a while i concluded it was down to camera shake. I read somewhere that compact type digicams generaly need less light and so shutter speeds are high. If you take a pic on a tripod and its still out of focus there may be a problem, but I doubt it

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.