Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

D700 at ?1,495 on DigitalRev

Is this price too good to be true? Elsewhere this camera is still commanding a price tag of around 1750 so this could represent a good saving particularly given the forthcoming VAT rise.

I've never used DigitalRev so wonder whether the camera's are imported and therefore would have warranty issues?

Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

http://www.digitalrev.com/en/nikon-d700-dslr-camera-body.html
Coleslaw 16 13.4k 28 Wales
23 Dec 2010 10:48AM
They are fine, though they are from Hong Kong. So you will need to pay import tax.
Have you try Ian Kerr (Kerso)?
MikeRC 16 3.6k United Kingdom
23 Dec 2010 10:55AM
If you must buy from Hong Kong...no UK warranty remember....go for One Stop Digital...1479.99....OneStop will at least re-imburse you for any extra expense incurred.
.....Mike
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
23 Dec 2010 11:05AM
D700 for 1679.00, Uk Based supplier, No worries about import duty.

You get a 2 year warranty with a bought in the Uk model, I'm not sure that applies to gray imports though.....!
23 Dec 2010 11:41AM
I have bought from RGB and it was great.
I tried to buy from Digital Rev once and it was a nightmare, if that helps.
JackAllTog Plus
12 6.3k 58 United Kingdom
23 Dec 2010 5:38PM
I've bought some bits from one stop and digital rev, they were both great.
LenShepherd 13 4.4k United Kingdom
25 Dec 2010 7:19PM
Your "elsewhere" price official UK import tax paid is out of date - it is about 1,650 less whatever you can get off in the post Christmas Sales.
For any warranty work a Nikon DSLR from Hong Kong has to go back to Hong Kong.
Nikon UK give a second years warranty when an official import body is registered on line.
Tax paid the Hong Kong product is over 1,750 Sad
User_Removed 11 4.6k 1 Scotland
26 Dec 2010 11:31AM
I have bought 2 Nikon cameras and 3 or 4 Nikon lenses from DigitalRev and they are absolutely superb in every respect. Although they are based in, and ship from, Hong Kong, they have a London service operation and their own warranty arrangement so you should have no worries at all about repairs (not that I have ever needed to use the facility). Delivery is generally about 4 days and I have always used their VAT and Duty refund option where that has been available. In both cases (the cameras but not the lenses), the money has been refunded to my Paypal account within 4 hours of me e-mailing them a scan of the courier's receipt for the duty and tax paid).

In the case of the lenses there was no tax refund system available but the tax and duty paid was much less than I expected and still made the goods far less expensive that buying from any UK retailer.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.