Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

D90 settings change by themselves!

Andy_Cundell 5 1.1k 5 England
14 Jul 2013 11:10AM
Hiya Everyone

Has anyone else had the same problem with the D90 or other Nikon camera's?

I have found for the past few years, you can turn the camera on, stick it in a mode (say P*), take a photo and the exposure has changed to +5. Very annoying if it's a quick 'moment' photo you want to capture. This is an intermittant thing.

I know you should always check your settings before you shoot, but sometimes it's just notice possible!!

Andy

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gundog 3 629 Scotland
14 Jul 2013 11:33AM
Remember that the camera will retain a memory of the last settings you used and re-apply them next time you switch on.

I, too, am guilty of not checking the settings before every shot. I don't know how often I have left it on auto-bracketing and then wondered why my exposures seemed to be all over the place.
thewilliam 8 5.9k
14 Jul 2013 11:59AM
Once, during a wedding back in the good old days of film, I had an F100 camera re-program itself. There was a thunderstorm right over the church and it's the only time that I've experienced simultaneous flash and bang. There must have been high voltages involved.
lumix5 5 580 Northern Ireland
14 Jul 2013 1:34PM
I always use the 2 button reset (the 2 green ones on the top panel) every time I pick up my D90. It cancels out any auto bracket/exposure comp/white balance settings that I used the last time.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.