Your chance to win a Nikon Z 50 Camera Kit!

Dates of posting photographs

marianne 18 30
13 Nov 2002 5:08AM
Hello there, this is my first discussion and I feel a little nervous posting it in case you think it daft but....I just wondered whether it would be possible to have a date of posting in the photo galleries? I think it would be helpful when commenting on the picture and also it would be a good measure of how the photographer had pregressed...just a thought.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
13 Nov 2002 8:13AM
Good idea, thanks.
RobMarriott 19 68
13 Nov 2002 9:21AM
Just wondering... is it the date that the photo was taken or the date that the photo was entered on to the web site that is of interest?

If the former it will naturally rely on the photographers memory/records for historical photos and have to be optional. The latter is already recorded in the database and could be easily displayed.
marianne 18 30
13 Nov 2002 2:59PM
I thought that the date of submission would be the most useful, especially if the member then resubmitted the pic after editing....usually when a photo is not a new one the member lets us know in the despription anyway...so for me it would be the date of submission....Marianne
RobMarriott 19 68
19 Nov 2002 10:55AM
The date of submission is now displayed for each picture along with camera and film etc. Thanks for the suggestion Marianne.
marianne 18 30
19 Nov 2002 10:33PM
WooHoo thanks for that, I feel quite chuffed that I started something worthwhile on the mag...just one thig...did you realize that you spelled it wrong...I use the spell-checker that someone told us about in another message...just checked back..it was you Pete!! LMAO!
marianne 18 30
19 Nov 2002 10:48PM
Actually, I guess Pete isn't responsible for the typo, sorry to gloat.....and thanks Rob for sorting out the date thingy for me...x

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.