Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

David Gilmour

Paul Morgan 18 19.4k 6 England
2 Jun 2006 3:35PM
Yep lol, my crap spelling, managed to find that album on amazon.

Paul

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

2 Jun 2006 3:41PM
Bob, have you got Gilmour`s latest album "On an Island" been reading a bit of a mixed bag of reviews, I`ve got all his other solo stuff.

Paul
phil_1975 15 165 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2006 10:01PM

Quote:When are Pink Floyd gonna release their Earls Court gig on DVD.

All being well sometime this year. I've seen three different dates, one in July, September and October.

All I can say is it's about blommin' time!
belerophon 17 156
3 Jun 2006 12:55AM
photographed concerts by off the wall a couple of times there show is well worth seeing
BOB S 17 2.6k
3 Jun 2006 3:53AM
Paul,

If you like David Gilmour just go and buy it, you will not be sorry. Took a few listens to really get into it, and having now heard the whole album live it really has fallen into place.

Quite a few Floydian influences (as you would expect I suppose)

BOB
3 Jun 2006 7:10AM
Thanks Bob. Ordered the album and looking forward to listening to it.

Paul
I love Pink Floyd - but David Gilmour's solo work lacks substance and passion. About Face is a dire album! I cant see how its a contradiction to like the Floyd at the same time as not liking Gilmour solo work.

The thing with the Floyd was that they were great due to the sum of all parts. I've got some Rick Wright solo stuff and that lacks substance and passion also - sure with both Gilmour and Wright stuff you can hear 'echoes' of Floyd but its anywhere near to the standard of the four members playing together.

I've saw Pink Floyd in 94, and Waters in 2001, both were excellent - but having recently watched the much anticipated DVD of Pulse it really is a little too Gilmour-esque - certainly on disc 1 with the exception of Shine On and the awesome One Of These Days. On the other hand Roger Waters' In The Flesh DVD blows Pulse to bits due to its body of Waters material that Pink Floyd (1987 Ltd) could never put out. I fell asleep to the David Gilmour - In Concert DVD...!

Anyway - thats my rant over with.
Waters rules!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.