Day 21 May 2011: Do you have a shot of lightning?

21 May 2011 12:01AM
Today we want to see shots of lightning.

If you're new to Photo Month you can find out more about it in the what is Photo Month forum.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

monstersnowman 15 1.7k 1 England
21 May 2011 2:56AM
paul-grimshaw-look-north-compweb.jpg

This took a lot of shots .. I saw the lightning striking regularily in the same place so I composed the bridge and left a space for the lightning and kept taking long exposures. I got 2 or 3 and this was the best .. especially as it filled the space well and travelled along and behind the bridge to the other side .. I might not get one like this again so I am happy. I was under the bridge because it was bucketting it down !!! It got used in a few news reports because of flooding.
Gaucho 18 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
21 May 2011 10:21AM
5109-lightning-pe.jpg

Taken some time back from our terrace. We get some pretty spectacular shows across the valley. This doesn't really do it justice. That's a good'un Paul.
kaybee 16 7.3k 26 Scotland
21 May 2011 10:36AM
lightning-combined-01.jpg

The only time I have been able to shoot lightning was on a cruise ship which has meant
there is nothing to give interest or scale. It also means there are no really sharp edges
as I had no tripod and was balancing the camera on a handrail
TeaMonkey50 10 10 United Kingdom
21 May 2011 12:25PM
Congratualtions on getting great shots of lightning, something i have not yet managed to do as we dont get that much over here in oxfordshire uk. & when it happens i think my photo technique is all wrong so will have to study & practice
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
21 May 2011 12:47PM
Should get some good shots of thunderbolts if the predictions for the day prove true! WinkWinkWinkWinkWink
HappyBaer 9 21 3
24 May 2011 7:53AM
One tip for catching lightning that wasn't there, is: 'Go to a place that regularly gets a lot of lightning!' Certainly in the UK we get storms from time to time, but there are places in Africa and the US where regular lightening storms are much more frequent and predictable. Sorry no shot included - I have been a bit caught up with other things this week.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.