90% Off inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate Software Bundle

Day 28 February 2012: Photos Edited In Lightroom

28 Feb 2012 12:00AM
We want to see you show-off your Lightroom editing skills today.

If you're new to Photo Month you can find out more about it in the what is Photo Month forum.
JackAllTog Plus
11 6.2k 58 United Kingdom
28 Feb 2012 9:53AM
Yes, please, please show me your light room shots - ideally with some notes on what you did in light room for the processing.

As an elements user, I like lens correction and curves, even a small bit lo local masking, but seem to find myself giving up and switching to elements10 from within LR4beta to do layers and skin softening etc. For editing i don't yet see it as too helpful.
gemmasmall.jpg

Cataloguing, importing, exporting, speed is great though.
JJGEE 16 7.9k 18 England
28 Feb 2012 10:13AM
Practically every image in my PF for the last 3 years has been edited in Lightroom.

This example with the latest version , albeit still only in Beta ....... Lightroom 4 BETA.

Before ppbefore.jpg
After ppafter.jpg
JJGEE 16 7.9k 18 England
28 Feb 2012 11:07AM
Another shot using Lightroom 4 BETA for editing

I have been revisiting some of my images to try out the new "Basic" controls in the Development Module.
Better control of the highlights / shadows is the predominant feature with brighter / cleaner "Whites" being my best discovery with the testing.

Before bcbefore.jpg
After bcafter.jpg
seahawk 13 1.4k United Kingdom
28 Feb 2012 3:43PM
hadrians-wall-before.jpg

hadrians-wall-after.jpg

Hadrians Wall shot last month in RAW on Nikon D90, then processed in LR4 - just added grad filter, then saturation, crop, clarity tweaks.

matterhorn-before.jpg

matterhorn-after.jpg

Matterhorn, shot by my son in December last in JPEG at ISO 800 on my old D70S. LR4 was able to pull something useful out of a difficult shot.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.