Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 3-Months For FREE!

deleted images !! need to find them !!

ENGLISHSKIN 14 249
3 May 2011 3:28PM
I've deleted images from my memory card and some how deleted more than intended !! I know i should be more careful and i'm a bit of a plonker but is there a way to get them back ? Its a Sandisk Extreme 111. Any advice ? Thanks in advance
Metalhead 13 1.9k 2 England
3 May 2011 3:32PM
Sandisk often provide a Recovery CD with their memory cards. That's worth a try.

Otherwise download a freebie called "Recuva" from Piriform, the makers of CCleaner. You might have to have the memory card in a card reader for it to work, or maybe have your camera connected when you run the program so it sees the camera as a card reading device that you can select from the options.

It's a great bit of software. Good luck!
Jestertheclown 12 8.4k 253 England
3 May 2011 4:00PM
Another vote for "Recuva".

I once had to use it to retrieve a folder full of images from my hard drive that I'd deleted by mistake. It was a bit tedious because there was a load of other stuff on there but if you've only got a certain amount on your card, it should be easier.
stan798 11 7 United Kingdom
30 May 2011 9:45PM
I've also used Recova to retrieve lost images with good results. It's worth mentioning though that you should do this as soon as possible to increase your chances of recovering all your images. Good luck!
BEVZED 14 1.1k United Kingdom
30 May 2011 9:55PM
This here numpty (as I am forever being called!) has done this so many times I've lost count. I swear by ZAR, used to be a freebie when I downloaded it. Long winded but the stuff it finds is amazing. I've used Recova too with good results, prefer the first though (I guess because I've used it so much I'm more familiar with itTongue)
cheddar-caveman 17 1.2k England
31 May 2011 7:37AM
There are many "free" or trial programs out there but most of them don't allow you to save the results, just display it on the screen, you need to purchase one for full features. These cost around 30 but as has been said, ASAP! Do not take more pix as these could overwrite the old files.
Debbiee 14 136 6 United Kingdom
31 May 2011 8:39AM
I used this http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download When my partner formatted the wrong hardrive and it brought everything back, and by everything I mean everything including viruses cookies, etc that had all been previously deleted from the hardrive, but I was so chuffed as it was the only free one that brought all of my raw files back, it did however take all day and we ended up with hundreds of thousands of files to go through in order to find the ones we wanted.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.