Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

DeviantART.com

29 Jun 2008 1:17PM
Have you heard of DeviantART.com?
If you have what do you think of it?
Do you have an account there?

I have heard of the site, i think its a good site but you don't get good critique on your photography there like you do here.
I do have an account though Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joolsb 12 27.1k 38 Switzerland
29 Jun 2008 1:31PM
Well, I don't about you but I take photographs and don't produce 'deviations'. It's the archness of that site that puts me right off it.
bmh1 Plus
10 571 1 United Kingdom
29 Jun 2008 11:16PM
I do have a dA account, but I mainly use it for a few non-photographic odds and ends which don't really belong on ePz, (and I'm not really a typical dA type person ...)

There are a few other people who I've noticed having accounts on both sites.
RachelMB 10 42 10 England
30 Jun 2008 8:06AM
I've been on deviantART for a few years. I mostly use it for my drawings and paintings, but I've put up some photography too (most of which is also on here Wink).
It's definately different to EPZ, but I like it. I know what you mean about the critique, carolynviolet - even if you click 'advanced critique wanted' the most I seem to get is 'it looks good but I don't like the eye...'. And that's if I get comments at all Wink
Strobe 9 1.3k United States
30 Jun 2008 9:15AM
I have recently joined and think it is great, there are some fantastic photographers on the site. The big difference I have found is the appreciation for different styles of photography and since joining I feel I have become more creative and started experimenting more Smile
Fishnet 12 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
30 Jun 2008 10:51AM
I joined a few years ago but haven't got round to putting anything up yet,some of the photos on there are really wonderful though, I love looking through the 'people' category.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.