Digital beginners course

riu 10 18 England
7 Aug 2009 10:21PM
Just booked a digital training day with "going digital", the tutor is a guy called Keith Naylor from sheffield, the course is exploring your DSLR, Venue is at Nostell Priory. As i am a newbie to photography will i benifit from this type of tution?

regards
Steve (Wakefield)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 718 9 England
8 Aug 2009 12:54AM
I cant see why not, but it really depends on what your goal is, to learn more about photography or about the digital aspects?

if its just a crash course in the digital side of things, i cant see much time being spent on photographical techniques, my guess is that it will just concentrate on how to work with a camera and pc, processing RAW images, editing in photoshop, storage etc.

All very handy to know, but im not sure they will be concentrating on theory and practe as far as the fundamentals of photography are concerned.
fotodayz 11 179 1 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2009 9:35AM
I haven't been but quite a few people have told me what they do.

Depends which course you are on but it is a crash course in how to use your camera. Mostly spent in the classroom but will cover aperture, composition, the controls on your camera, some time spent outside then back again to the classroom.
Eviscera 13 1.1k 149 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2009 6:17PM
riu 10 18 England
8 Aug 2009 8:41PM

Quote:Free

65 quid
webjam 15 292 11 Netherlands
8 Aug 2009 9:21PM
There are also loads of books on digital photography. To prevent being blown away by all the technical terms, spend some time reading up on some of the basics. It will help you understand the course even better and get the most of it.

Jacqueline
riu 10 18 England
8 Aug 2009 10:10PM
thanks for the replies,
as a novice / beginner i do know a little about dof, shutter speeds, iso etc, it is really about putting this into practice that i am looking for.

steve
4 Oct 2009 10:31PM
Hi Steve,

Have you been your course yet - just wondered what you thought of it, if you have? I also have seen them advertised and as there is a course local to me I was thinking of signing up. Any feedback would be great.

Many thanks,
Minerva
riu 10 18 England
5 Oct 2009 8:06PM
Hi Minerva,

the course is not till next month. However a work colleague says they are really basic. Although a relativly new person to photography he thinks i wont get much out of it. So maybe look at the part two instead.

Steve

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.