Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Disneyland,Orlando Florida

Nickfrayne 11 43 United Kingdom
24 Aug 2012 1:52PM
We are thinking of going to see Mickey Mouse and Pluto in Florida,any ideas on Hotels on International drive or maybe inside the resort,and flights etc etc, my mate had a package for 4,2 adults 2 teenagers,6000, our budget is half that.Maybe around 3k.

Have you been,where did you stay.I'd love to know.

Cheers guys,hey maybe I can see you photos.

Nick
24 Aug 2012 2:12PM
Hi Nick,

The first time we went (a few years back now) we stayed on International Drive (Best Western I think it was) for its central location and most of the hotels are reasonably priced. I don't know if it's changed but a lot only did room only or room with breakfast but it isn't a problem as there's plenty of places to eat that don't break the bank.

International Drive isn't somewhere we ventured to the last couple of times we have been as we've always gone for the villa option as we like the freedom and it's nice to have your own space (and pool!). You can get reasonably priced packages which include the price of a villa, flights and car hire.

6000 sounds like a lot of money! Never paid near that amount myself, although, I didn't take two teenagers....

There's plenty to do other than theme parks too!

Have fun,

Nik
Jonnymyles 8 58 United Kingdom
24 Aug 2012 2:36PM
I have been once a year for the past 14 years now and its great! i would definitely look at getting a private villa as some good deals can be had, we have always booked them separately from the flights and you can get them for as low as 300-400 a week for a 3 bed with a pool! obviously if you go this route then you will need a hire car.. Ba usually have some good deals on flights and they even have a section on their website which tells you the cheapest times of year to fly, its under find our best fares...

HTH

Jonny
garreth55 10 1 England
24 Aug 2012 4:44PM
hi we stayed on international drive in 2010.hotel was great location excellent about 20 mins from disneyland by car driving wasnt a major problem plenty of good cheap food places to eat and great photography oppurtunities almost everywhere.
puertouk 9 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
24 Aug 2012 5:28PM
Get yourself a villa, as there's so many people trying to rent out. Food is cheap, large supermarkets, so that will cut the cost if you eat breakfast and take a packed lunch with you. Eat out in the evenings, but you will need a car. Don't get bogged down with all the attractions, jump in the car and see some of Florida. Maybe drive down and stay a night down the Florida Keys, like I did. Amazing drive from Clearwater Beach, down through the Everglades. Great beaches, plus I recommend NASA, where the shuttles used to fly from.
realspeed 14 62 United Kingdom
24 Aug 2012 5:31PM
They have just had to close Disney World in Florida due to a huge health scare. Aparently the heath inspectors did a spot check, went into one of the food halls and saw 2 six foot mice trying to escape via the back door.

Seriously we have been twice first time with a package company and went to Best Western on International drive. All I can say is avoid that hotel it was terrible. Noisy outside extractor fan kept us awake every night. Also with a package holiday they throw in a car, but not the insurance for it and that costs a bomb. Hotels run coaches to everywhere, Second time we booked our own flight and hotel and saved over a thousand pounds. You do fly into Orlando airport instead of Sanford but a taxi to international drive isn't very expensive and you don't need a car as the Iride buses cover most attractions. By tickets over here and not from street booths that are really cheap, they are really selling time share. Eat away from Disney World resort they charge the earth, plenty of places to eat in international drive. Allow luggage space for a trip to the Belts retail outlets at the end of International Drive loads of clothes etc far cheaper than the same here in the UK

Realspeed

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.