Get 5% off Loupedeck Live with code: Ephotozine5

Display Problem

RogBrown 13 3.1k 10 England
30 May 2009 12:15AM
OK guys, thanks. A lot to think about here.
I was under the impression that System Restore created a restore point every day & you could restore to any date that was in black on the calendar thingy.

Quote:I found some Av software does not like SP3 introduction and found some resume problems on a PC. They were solved by taking the PC off the net, removing the Av software. Doing a re-boot, then putting the Av software back on again (to its latest version)

Sorry John but this is too technical for my little brain. Could you put it in plain English please? Smile What's AV software?
So anyway, I've identified my card, so will download the latest driver & see what happens. Just got back from pub so not going to do anything tonight!
I'll report back tomorrow. Thanks all for your trouble. Appreciate it.
Rog
30 May 2009 12:34AM

Quote:What's AV software?

Anti Virus...
Smile
30 May 2009 12:38AM

Quote:Quote:What's AV software?Anti Virus...

I knew that! I was just testing! Wink
StrayCat 16 19.1k 3 Canada
30 May 2009 3:36AM
Rog, you have to keep them on their toes.Wink
30 May 2009 7:45PM
OK guys. Sorted. Downloaded latest driver this morning & been ok all day. Thanks all for your time , trouble & expertise. If any of you find yourself near Burton on Trent there's a pint waiting for you.
Rog
31 May 2009 12:34AM

Quote:I knew that! I was just testing

Quote:Rog, you have to keep them on their toes

Well forgive me for being a relative 'newby' hence misinterpreting 'jocularity' for real lack of knowledge, hence my trying to help with no knowledge of the 'technical' abilities of the questioner....
glad you have it sorted -but will teach me to be less 'helpful' in future...!!
Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
31 May 2009 1:19AM
I don't think he was really 'just testing'! Grin
31 May 2009 2:13AM
Well... thanks for noticing CB.. don't get me wrong, I love this site and its occupants... (hell.. check how long I'm "signed-up" for...and the 'meets' I've enjoyed..) but I gave a genuinely concerned opinion on "system-restore" then naievely (spelt wrong I'm sure...) responded to the meaning of AV ( which some folk may genuinely not have known..) only to have it scorned..kind of puts me back in my shell a bit.....Smile
Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
31 May 2009 2:16AM
Dear me! Wink
StrayCat 16 19.1k 3 Canada
31 May 2009 2:59AM
You were helpful, he really didn't know, and we were joking. Don't take it all so seriously. Many of us don't know all these little acronyms on the internet. Smile
31 May 2009 3:27AM

Quote:I knew that!

Quote:You were helpful, he really didn't know

....Confused of Tunbridge Wells...Wink

G'nite..
31 May 2009 10:22AM
Kinell, no offence intended. I was being jocular & facetious. I really didn't know what AV stood for until you said & it was then so obvious that I felt stupid & had to make a joke of it. Stick around. You'll get the hang of it. Smile
Rog

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.