Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Display Problems

Bridgelayer 14 762 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2018 3:42PM
My screen display is all squashed up!
Settings have been checked (Windows 10) and all images are viewing as if I've widened the screen.
All circles are showing as oval, A4 photos are showing as square, but when I print, the images are normal.
Photoshop and Roxio are displaying the same problems.

What the hell have I done to cause this problem?

Any suggestions will save my toes as I try to throw this bloody machine out of the window?

Please help!!!!
JackAllTog Plus
12 6.3k 58 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2018 4:21PM
It might be the monitor or the PC, some Monitors will attempt to use different display formats. - So do reset that as well.
For the PC, right click on the desktop and select display settings, then look at the resolution section to see if the recommended pixel setting is selected - e.g. 1920 by 1200 etc.

One link to a way of doing it - https://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-screen-resolution-windows-10-2
banehawi Plus
17 2.5k 4272 Canada
7 Sep 2018 7:02PM
Assuming it was ok, then wasnt, what changed? Was there a Windows upgrade? I would check the video driver also, make sure you have the latest version.
10 Sep 2018 8:55AM
I'm back! Sorry for not replying but have been off for a couple of days.

I'm now halfway there. The screen is now displaying 4-3 mode and the images are back to normal. That was done on the monitor settings, Now to figure out how to change the display back to how it should be on the wide screen without screwing my head up any more than it is. Thanks for the hints.
3 Nov 2018 3:03PM
Roxio Photo Suite was the problem. Now uninstalled and back to normal.
It's been a problem since installing Windows 10.
Dennis45 3 42 Canada
3 Nov 2018 10:11PM
So, it was Windows 10 that was the problem, not Roxio.Smile
5 Nov 2018 2:12PM
It's been nowt but bloody trouble!

The other problem is my age. Teknollergy has left me behind. (Smart phone, smart tv, - DUMB User) Wink Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.