Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Dissappearing Drives

Paul Morgan 20 19.5k 6 England
15 Apr 2016 6:08PM

Quote:The easieest way that I found was to right click the drive and select "Pin to Quick access"

Well its a bit of an extreme measure and what was the real problem, you said the drive had disappeared ?
Bridgelayer 14 762 United Kingdom
16 Apr 2016 10:26AM
I've upgrades to W10, Paul.
No idea what the problem was, I just couldn't use the damned things on W8!
I've been trying to copy my back-up files from disks and there was no way I could load a disc!
I'm off to my other desktop now - old and worn out - to see if there are any other files I haven't discovered or backed up.
She's running sweet as a not just now, so W10 seems to have solved the problem. A steep learning curve for me now getting used to the system, but, being a caveman, I still prefer XP.
The drives had disappeared, but re-booting a few times and 2 system restores and they re-appeared!

Now a new problem has just started whilst typing this reply!

I'm just havin problems with the keyboard now, with letters refusing to appear, like the "g" in having. I have to hit the backspace, type another letter. then delete that, type the original letter that should be there! Never had a problem with the keyboard before -
THIFNG!
(Not a mis-sell, it's just another way of spelling -"F" in thing.) WinkWink
Paul Morgan 20 19.5k 6 England
16 Apr 2016 7:26PM
I`ve got a few problems with my keyboard as well, letters not always registering when I type, in my case I just think its a mucky keyboard and its time for a new one, I can`t be bothered to try a cleaning its not as if they are expensive.
Bridgelayer 14 762 United Kingdom
17 Apr 2016 5:19PM
It's almost spanking new, Paul.

It works perfectly well on the other machine, it's just this damned thing!!!!

Loads of little snags with this W10, but I'll master it soon. Back on my head now and sort some more files and photos

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.