Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Distance learning photography courses

PMeldrum 16 480 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2005 9:05PM
Hi Dev,

I put up a similar thread a month ago and after much thought and searching, went for the OCA route. They have a range of courses from Level 1 upwards which cover a wide range of abilities.

Check out their website:
Open College of Arts

Hope you find a suitable course

Paul
TeresaH 16 1.1k United Kingdom
14 Oct 2005 1:40AM
Bookmarking Smile
dev 17 40
14 Oct 2005 3:18AM
Thanks again for all your posts, much appreciated. I'll check out OCA and see what they have to offer.

Debbie, could you possibly send me a copy of the syllabus you have please? My email addy is as follows:

h_raikmo@hotmail.com

Many thanks all of you.

Dev
debster 17 693 3 England
14 Oct 2005 3:22AM
I'm just waiting to be able to scan it at work and then I'll email it to you all.

Debbie
debster 17 693 3 England
14 Oct 2005 4:17AM
Okay, I've scanned it and saved it as a PDF file but now our server has crashed so I'm unable to use my email at present. I'll keep trying today but if this fails I'll email to you all tonight from home!

Debbie
debster 17 693 3 England
14 Oct 2005 10:00AM
I've emailed you all now - if anyone else would like a copy, please let me know.

Debbie
daviewat 17 4.1k Scotland
14 Oct 2005 11:37AM
Me please Debbie Smile))

daviewat(at)gmail.com

Very good of you to offer such a thing, I have even applied to Ried college in Paisly to enquire about an HND course.

Dave
CaptivePhotons 18 1.7k 2 England
14 Oct 2005 12:04PM
Me too please Debbie. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

graham.moss@gmail.com
debster 17 693 3 England
14 Oct 2005 12:29PM
Not a problem. Am more than happy to be able to give something back for a change. Please just let me know if you would like anymore info etc.

Debbie
tonyvizard 19 19
15 Oct 2005 6:42AM
There is a basic Photoshop course run by Manchester College of Art and Technology (MANCAT) which helps with getting to grips with the program. The course uses a homestudy cd with tutorial movies plus some online stuff, and work is submitted by email to Mancat for assessment. There is a charge (I can't remember how much) but there are I think concessions. Overall a fairly basic but interesting course which will help you to get to grips with imaging work in photoshop and use of the program's tools. Don't know how to make this a link but just copy into your browser. http://www.mancat.ac.uk/adult/courses/course_details.asp?location=%25&course=photoshop%2Bonline&cat=oracle&submit=Find%2Ba%2Bcourse&index=CR16331%2D1&leaflet=697
colder 17 36
15 Oct 2005 7:49AM
Debbie.
Is it possible you could also send it to myself.

Cyates.uk@gmail.com

Thanks

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.