Save up to £360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

Distribution of child photos

17 Nov 2019 1:12PM
Hi all,

I'm wondering of anyone here can offer advice for a friend of mine?

When her child was very young, she had some pictures taken by a photographer and she paid for them, The father was off the scene, and that relationship continued to deteriorate over the years and she had to get a Non-molestation order out on him. He has since had no contact with his son, (mostly his own choice) and has certainly done nothing to help raise him. What he and his sad bunch of friends and family have done is wage a campaign of abuse aimed at her, (hence the non-mol etc) and do everything they can to disrupt her, while bleating on about how horrible she is for not letting him see his son, (totally untrue as he had plenty of chances).

Anyway, long story short, she has discovered that he has contacted the photographer, and putting on a sob sob story, persuaded him to hand over copies of the images. He has now plastered them on social media, citing that there are stil some good people in the world (obs referring to the tog).

This has upset her all over again, and although she knows its all being done to make her react, wants to know what if anything she can do about it?

I said to her that its possible the tog has completely done the wrong thing, for some many reasons, not least of which, he couldn't have known he was the father, or any of the circumstances around their relationship. There could have been a court order out protecting the child!

Any thoughts from the assembled, gratefully received,
Thank you

Jules

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

altitude50 15 16.5k United Kingdom
17 Nov 2019 3:42PM
As this is a question of legality, perhaps the questions should be addressed to the Citizen's Advice Bureau in the first place or a solicitor. Sorry to sound blunt, but that is my opinion.
17 Nov 2019 4:30PM
Thanks.
I have already advised her to do just that
JackAllTog Plus
10 5.7k 58 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2019 8:33PM
I'd say two things, one that this allegedly unsavoury ex-partner has pressurised the tog to share the images - Its unlikely that any contract back then stipulated that he should not re-release images to either partners should they split.
But primarily point two is that if these images and SM comments constitute further harassment of the woman and her child then he may have breached the NonMol order - "aimed at ....intimidating, harassing or pestering you" - from https://www.womensaid.org.uk/the-survivors-handbook/getting-an-injunction/

So as Richard saysabove ask her to seek further legal advice on this from the same channels that gave the order in the first place.
But also help her move on with here life, that other person/group will always be there - she needs to be away from them and thinking about other things - its never going to be easy.

19 Nov 2019 8:58AM
Thanks.
She accepts that the tog didnít do it maliciously. That have admitted they wouldnít have handed them over had they spoken to her first and heard the history. They were clearly fooled by his sob sob story.

Iíve advised her to speak to cab but also that she needs to move on with her life. Her ex isnít a threat anymore and is just a sad **** that likes to harass her indirectly online.

Thanks
Tianshi_angie 4 2.7k England
19 Nov 2019 11:04AM

Quote:that likes to harass her indirectly online.

And by her continuing to look at his posts she is allowing this to happen, so in many ways she is her own worst enemy. Some counselling may not go amiss - GP would be the first port of call.
19 Nov 2019 11:18AM

Quote:
Quote:that likes to harass her indirectly online.

And by her continuing to look at his posts she is allowing this to happen, so in many ways she is her own worst enemy. Some counselling may not go amiss - GP would be the first port of call.

Absolutely. I keep telling her this, as itís her reaction to his and his friends online activity that keeps them doing it

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.