Save 50% On Affinity Photo Today!

do Nikon make great compact cameras?

dcash29 14 2.4k England
2 Apr 2011 10:49PM

Quote:Did they? That just shows that the Photonhead website used that classification.

Well Chris that's how the advertising used to be.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dcash29 14 2.4k England
3 Apr 2011 9:18AM
Ian

I'm looking for a new compact here's what Ive been looking at.

In no particular order and may seem a little messed up

Canon sx220HS - good IS and zoom, manual settings, plastic crappy looking/colour soft images in reviews

Canon S95 - I know why a lot of dslr user like this camera. RAW. Although from what Ive seen from online reviews it has rubbish video focus plus short zoom.

Fuji f550exr - looked it at Focus very nice. RAW. Annoying popup flash and its a fujiSad

Panasonic Tz10 & 20 - fully manual, sharp images, good IS. Noise at fairly low iso, slow picture reviewing, heavy and a little dated at rear

Nikon 8000 - i really liked the feel of this camera, HR screen, priced cheap but images looked blurred? fully automatic

NikonP300 - manual settings, similar to s95, blurred images again? No RAW

Sony Hx5 - good price at present, very good video + panorama, program and manual setting, IS, good low light features, a little slippy to hold

Sony Hx7 - as HX5 but far better grip, nicer in camera processed images, awkward rear menu wheel
is the 16mp compact a step too far as i remember when i bought canon g10 a couple of years ago [14mp ] then canon reduced the pixel count on the next g to 10 so would you buy a 16mp compact

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.