Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

Do you ever?

whipspeed 16 4.2k 22 United Kingdom
9 Nov 2007 3:08PM
Look at your work in the cold hard light of day & really feel like just giving up!

Sorry about that, just needed to get it off my chest.
GaryR 13 1.3k England
9 Nov 2007 3:11PM
Yes. Then that make me determined to improve. Then when the "improvements" don't seem to have made any difference I'm back to the giving it all up routine.

Must think positive. I will improve.

Gary.
DaveU 14 1.4k 125 England
9 Nov 2007 3:19PM
No, never Wink
SandyMiller 14 932 United Kingdom
9 Nov 2007 3:21PM

Quote:Look at your work in the cold hard light of day & really feel like just giving up

Try looking at it at night with the lights turned off - works for me!
elowes 16 2.8k United Kingdom
9 Nov 2007 3:21PM
My wife tells me I am like that all the time with my stuff I do for others. I am never satisfied until some one independent tells me if its good or not.

Edit

The only thing I see wrong with your work is your obsession with cycling!
digipix76 13 577 England
9 Nov 2007 3:27PM
At least once a week! Sad
9 Nov 2007 3:53PM
Thank you all, and I don't have an obsession with cycling, just cyclists legs Smile

I've also just spoken to my hubby who's looked at the stuff I've been trying to work on with a chap in his office who is a PS genius and he's said I can't recreate it just by photographing, it's all layers and putting things in, which is why it looks perfect. He is going to teach me a few tricks.

Sandy, I tried turning the lights off as well and the shots looked a lot better.

Thanks all.
Windmillskies 15 183 England
9 Nov 2007 4:25PM
We are our own harshest critics!
Martin
stevekhart 14 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
9 Nov 2007 4:43PM
Yep, that was yesterday (tho to be fair I asked a magnum tog to review my work), today I got some interesting work so I'm happy again Smile
9 Nov 2007 5:10PM
You're right there Martin, although hubby is close second, but always constructive.

Steve, think that would completely tip me over the edge Smile
Lou_C 13 755 2 England
9 Nov 2007 5:37PM

Quote:Look at your work in the cold hard light of day & really feel like just giving up!

Sorry about that, just needed to get it off my chest.

I feel like that everytime I upload a photo, and then look at the one before and after it, they're always so much better.

But then that in itself is inspiration to try and improve
MikeRC 15 3.6k United Kingdom
9 Nov 2007 7:53PM

Quote:Look at your work in the cold hard light of day & really feel like just giving up!

All the time...getting interested in photography was my bigest mistake.

Quote:No, never

Nor would I were I as talented as you.

.....Mike
wamp 14 276 8 England
9 Nov 2007 9:43PM
I agree with DaveU, never felt that way, as to me photography has become an obsession - too much to learn to give up Smile

Sean
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
9 Nov 2007 9:56PM
yeah I do sometimes when I see the overdrafts I have run up in buying gear, and still never got a front cover
but took up fishing for carp instead , just as steep a learning curve, just as expensive buying gear curve, must be a glutten for punishment
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
9 Nov 2007 9:57PM
oh and steve asking a magnum tog for a review what kind of masocistic are you

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.