Get 20% Off PortraitPro 22 With Our Exclusive Code

Do you have a life outside of photography?

Alison_S 15 339 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2007 12:01PM
I love bird/wildlife watching, walking & geocaching, mothing, nosing around historic buildings and sites (well any place that's steeped in history or mythology really). I'm thoroughly enjoying dabbling in genealogy at the moment too....but it's becoming a bit of an obsession and takes up so much time.
Teessider 15 365
22 Jul 2007 12:21PM
My other major hobby is video games, I probably play them a bit too much. I've also started learning to cook recently and I'm gonna try and teach myself guitar.
brian1208 18 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2007 12:30PM
Gardening, Garden Design, Cooking, Fishing, SciFi, Grand-children are just a few.

My wife and I were talking about this this morning and decided we don't have the time to get old! Smile
Graywolf 14 1.0k United Kingdom
22 Jul 2007 12:32PM

Quote:obsessive worrier. Does that count as a hobby?

Depends on how much you enjoy it and whether you get paid. LOL
Just Jas Plus
19 26.4k 1 England
22 Jul 2007 1:15PM
Studying anything technical. My main photography is geared towards this activity, providing pictures to illustrate my journal for each study project. I have each journal bound.

Current project: the Medieval House from Footscray. All photographs taken and embodied, must concentrate on the text!

Other interests:
Music
Piano and keyboard playing
Electronics
Mechanics
Physics
Computer

Being useless. (Says my wife!) Smile

jas
podgod 17 514 3 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2007 2:53PM
First World War history is my other obession (a couple of links on my PF if you are interested), through these sites I've contributed to various other forms of First World War media including a couple of TV productions and I've just discovered that a lot of my stuff as now been published in a book.
spaceman 17 5.3k 3 Wales
22 Jul 2007 3:45PM
Being confused.
xanda Plus
17 244 2 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2007 3:58PM
The 3 Rs: Reading Riting and Rabbits Smile
Skodster 15 902 Ireland
22 Jul 2007 5:55PM
I have too many hobbies and interests but my main ones (In order of current activity) are;

1. Playing guitar and writing (poorely) songs
2. Sailing and general boating
3. Videography
4. Listening to a broad range of music from AC/DC to ZZ Top and from Metallica to military band music

Other hobbies I have had include motorcycling (racing and touring), flying, gliding and DiY.
22 Jul 2007 6:06PM
Illness has curtailed most of my interests and pastimes: but played and coached Rugby, played Golf, long distance running, Chess, computers, politics, reading, poetry, make a horrible noise on a guitar, cooking, (used to cook in a vegetarian restaurant in Brighton), sitting on a cliff miles from people, and love my garden.
Carabosse 18 41.8k 270 England
22 Jul 2007 6:06PM
Videography: mainly event stuff.

Music: listening, and playing piano (badly!)

Cars: Interested since about age 4. I even run an enthusiasts forum on the web.

Residents association: Chairman for several years. Not sure whether this is an interest - or maybe a curse placed upon me! Sad

Oh and I do occasionally do some work too! Wink
gcarth Plus
17 4.2k 1 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2007 6:30PM
I like:
1. playing the guitar and writing instrumental compositions. Then I record them along with my guitar and Midi backings via 'recording studio' software on to CD.
2. Making Videos - steam trains and video essays i.e. music cut to pictures of landscapes, townscapes etc.
3. to listen to Jazz, Blues and Classical music.
4. Last, but not least, reading and talking about philosophy both on my Website and on sites like E-photozine.
5. Sending complaints to the BBC and others criticising the media for bias and distortions of the truth.
6. Following articles and programmes investigating the paranormal but so far I have failed to come to any firm conclusions.
kokobrown 17 1.9k Scotland
22 Jul 2007 6:51PM
Photography USED to be my hobby...now its my job! Eeeek...since then ive been too scared to take up any other hobbies!

Laura xx
rodp 16 1.2k England
22 Jul 2007 7:29PM

Quote:Following articles and programmes investigating the paranormal

Yep, I like the Xfiles as well. Smile
Rod.
Sus 17 3.2k 9 England
22 Jul 2007 7:36PM
Plants and dogs. In a myriad of different ways and forms.

Lots of other interests but they are my real hobbies. But I think anyone might've guessed that by looking at my pf (as with a number of other people on here!)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.