Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Christmas Prize Draw 2017

Do You Have a Photography Story to Share?

StrayCat Plus
13 18.8k 3 Canada
14 Nov 2017 10:07PM
I remember several years ago I went to the international bird sanctuary located in our city, about a 25 minute drive from home; this was before the floods a few years ago practically ruined it. The park is located along the Bow River which runs from the Rocky Mountains through the middle of where I live. I was walking along a trail and came upon a fellow with the same camera I had, a Nikon D70, and a manual focus Vivitar 300mm prime. We got to chatting as we walked, and he was looking around, poised for a shot. I was relaxed, and waiting for something to show. All of a sudden he took his stance and tracked a magpie that flew in front of us, firing off a couple of shots. A little later I saw a chickadee on a branch, very close, and took a few and stepped back. He didn't even look at the bird. Soon, another magpie went sailing by, and he jumped into his stance and fired off a few more. He turned to me and said; I only shoot magpies in flight. I asked him why he didn't have an auto focus lens. He replied; can't afford it. I said, they're very cheap. He said; my wife doesn't let me have any money, she won $13,000 at bingo last week, and she won't give me a penny. Another magpie went by and he got a few more shots. I took a few of a robin on a stick. I said, why only magpies in flight? He said; I've been doing it for years, and I hope one day to get one in focus. I was dumbfounded, and turned and walked on. True!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog Plus
8 4.9k 58 United Kingdom
14 Nov 2017 10:46PM
I'd been following what other photographers do for a while and I'd seen Arthur Edwards, The Sun's royal photographer speaking at Nikon event once and liked how he talked about photography.
Then, a few yeas later, I actually saw him at a garden show and thought wow its the Arthur Edwards - so quickly i shot off a few shots of him including this one
97593_1510699105.jpg

He came and spoke to me and asked why are you shooting me, did you not see who was behind me and guess why i might be here working! Doh! I'd completely missed the main shot i should have been actually taking - of Camilla Parker Bowles.
I'll never be a top paparazzi.
keith selmes 14 7.3k 1 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2017 10:36AM
You got a more interesting story than he did.
jww5561 1 1 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2017 3:57PM
Photo bombing Grin
15 Nov 2017 8:26PM

Quote:Photo bombing

...and the story is....? Tongue
RoyBoy 13 270 2 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2017 9:54PM

Quote:Photo bombing

Not at all. Did you not bother to read the story provided by the photographer concerned.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.