Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate

Do you have a Routine for Personal Fitness?

StrayCat 16 19.1k 3 Canada
25 Sep 2005 7:35PM
This summer was very messed up here, with the much higher than normal rainfall. Our basement was flooded 4 times, and our exercise equipment, treadmill, weight bench, etc. was out of operation. I put on weight, and began to feel terrible, with little energy or ambition. About 3 weeks ago I started walking and doing stretching exercises again, and now I'm up to 2 hours per day walking. I walk 35 mins in the morning, and anywhere from 1:15 to 1:45 in the evening, and I can't believe how much more energised and alive I feel. I'm approaching 60 in Dec. and I really have to work at staying in shape and healthy, but I'm enjoying it again. Cheers all.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rletham 16 890 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2005 1:06AM
My wife Mel (mellyleth) and I exercise on most days. A typical week will involve, weight training, running, swimming, boxing, and for me, ju jitsu.

We do these things for fun and for the enjoyment of a challenge. We also feel that variety is also important and over the course of a year, we also incorporate other activities such as wakeboarding, surfing, climbing, walking, mountain biking and a number of other activities too.

Many people often ask us what they should do to get in shape and we always tell them the same thing; Do what you enjoy that also involves a physical effort. That way you can have fun and the fitness, health and body benefits come without feeling like an chore. Normally, they don't listen to us, ignore what we say and go to the gym and hate every minute of it until they can't motivate themselves any longer and give up (normally a few weeks).

One of our favorite "fun" activities is when we visit our friends in Leeds, we sometimes go to a water slide centre in Bradford. The last time we went, we had 30 slides in about 2 hours. There was six flights of stairs up to the top of the slides which in our enjoyment of the event, we tended to run up carrying our big heavy rubber rings above our heads. That's 180 flights of stairs in total for the two hours, not to mention all the swimming. To us, this wasn't even part of our "exercise", it's just what we do for fun.
TeresaH 15 1.1k United Kingdom
26 Sep 2005 1:11AM
I am an Exercise to Music teacher and my classes vary from really fit bods to people in their sixties and seventies. So I have to tailor my classes to suit all.

In the summer I cycle nearly every night after work and this year have got into running. I also enjoy rock climbing and use a fantastic wall in the winter to keep me ticking over.

I couldn't imagine not exercising as it gives such a buzz.
Bernie 16 2.2k
26 Sep 2005 1:12AM
I walked to McDonalds this morning.
macroman 17 15.3k England
26 Sep 2005 1:15AM
.....No.
26 Sep 2005 1:18AM
Just looked at your port pic macroman and I'm so surprised. Your shadow is so long and slim. It must be just good genetics ;o)
starliz 16 1.6k 3 England
26 Sep 2005 1:20AM
Grandchildren......: ))
c_evans99 16 7.0k 1 Wales
26 Sep 2005 3:10AM
I really can't do strenuous exercise - that's not an excuse I really can't it causes extreme fatigue attacks which aren't pleasant - but I try to get in five or six miles miles of walking a day, walking to or from work and popping out in the evening for an hour or two. If I'm feeling masochistic I take my SLR gear with me Smile

I've shaken up my diet a lot this last month. Over the last couple of years I've put on around two and a half stone so I've cut the fat out of my diet, ditto red meat (except liver) and swriched to brown rice and wholemeal pasta in place of potatoes and bumped up my fruit intake... doesn't sound much of a change but I've lost a stone this month.

Ceri
debster 16 693 3 England
26 Sep 2005 4:17AM
I had a very active gym membership 'til I joined EPz......
RipleyExile 17 1.6k 17 England
26 Sep 2005 4:22AM
An 18 month old daughter and a wife. Smile
26 Sep 2005 5:09AM
Rab, I'm too lazy to do exercises.

I don't like fast/junk food, it generally tastes bloody awful and has a consistency of cardboard.

Also I believe that 'keeping fit' is basically unhealthy.
Jogging wears out your knee joints before time and makes your heart work overtime and wears it out.
And why spend thirty odd quid to walk on a treadmill when a nice leisurely stroll is free?
If you carry your camera it's more fun too.
LoL
26 Sep 2005 5:32AM
That's okay Ivan, I was just making a joke. I figured that if you took the joke the wrong way and got angry, I could run away and the chances are, you couldn't catch me ;o)
26 Sep 2005 5:41AM
Not angry Rab, and I could probably give you a run for your money ;o)

For fifty yards at least LoL
StrayCat 16 19.1k 3 Canada
26 Sep 2005 10:23AM
I agree totally Rab, I can't stand a sweaty smelly Gym, never could. I have to enjoy what I do , or I quickly lose interest. We have a treadmill and weights in the basement for rainy days, and apart from this summer, we have used them faithfully. I watch the Food Network on TV while doing the treadmill, lol. Oh, and we have a 6 year old granddaughter who loves to spend time in the playground.
OneSeries 14 5 1 Jamaica
26 Sep 2005 10:26AM
does rolling your own fags count as exercise?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.