Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Does anyone object to getting comments such as "Great photo" as opposed criticism!?

macroman 18 15.3k England
3 Jun 2005 6:15AM
I welcome all comments good, bad or indifferent, at least it means someone has bothered to look at my pictures!!!
takui neko 18 849 11 Spain
3 Jun 2005 7:25AM
Me too, the viewers can and should do as they please, if they notice my images thats good for me.
future 16 153
3 Jun 2005 8:03AM
nice thread!
NorthernEdge 16 535 England
3 Jun 2005 8:22AM
Any comment is good, sometimes people have commented on my images and not clicked. Maybe they like them but not quite enough to give it a vote, that's fair enough and if they take the time to offer a comment then that is very much appreciated (and their suggestions always noted)!!

occasionally I leave comments but don't click. Usually this is because there is something in the image that spoils it for me, so I'll try to say what I didn't like or what would get me to give it a click.

It is a bit frustrating when someone clicks and leaves no comment but, hey.....at least they liked your image!!! And that can't be bad!!
chris
elowes 17 2.8k United Kingdom
3 Jun 2005 9:21AM
There is not enough time to make critical comment about all the photos on the site. I think saying great or nice without crtique is fine where as saying a photo is poor without some justification often is not.

For the experienced photographers on the site they will know why one of their photos fails to make the grade and so I feel critque is less important than it is for the struggling photographers.

Being unnoticed is worse than most critisism.

I do have one exception to that and that is for those who say 'I see no point to this picture', even if they do explain why. I only hope that if there is a god somewhere it has reserved a special hell for those people.
rletham 17 890 United Kingdom
3 Jun 2005 9:38AM
I really only have one gripe when it comes to comments and that's when I comment and ask a question about the photograph, it's really annoying when the photographer doesn't answer the question. The clue is in the question mark guys.
Hazard 17 1.2k United Kingdom
3 Jun 2005 9:41AM
totally agree with the last comment

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.