Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

Does the Canon 600d work with any Canon lense

17 Jan 2014 9:29PM
Just got my son his first digital SLR Camera...a Canon 600d, and as I have an old Canon eos5D with assorted lense's, I thought we would share lenses,..but we have being told by an "expert" Photographer that the I.S. kit that came with this lovely camera is not compatable with my eos5D.,,, canon ef 28-105..canon ef 90-300 and "Big Bertha" a Sigma 50-500..these I have for the eos5d..so..does this mean we can not swap lense's... Might be a daft question but I rather be save than sorry
keithh 16 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
17 Jan 2014 9:34PM
The lenses that work with your 5D will work on your sons. If you buy any EF-S lenses for your sons camera, they won't work properly on yours, in fact they may damage the mirror.
17 Jan 2014 9:51PM
Thanks for that keith...seems like hes getting the best deal..!!! Will have to save up for my own lenses..very grateful for the info,... I was fancing a go with that new lense that came with his new camera tooo !!!..will just have to "borrow" the complete kit now eh!!!.....Enjoyed your web site
duratorque 17 427 United Kingdom
18 Jan 2014 1:18PM
You will find EF-S lens will not fit your 5D, so no worry about damaging the camera.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.