Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Does the vote number reflect the 'better-ness' ?

TonyCoridan 8 137 United Kingdom
13 Mar 2013 11:55AM

Quote:If its already been covered why do you need to reiterate what's already been said.

I didn't know this topic has been covered already!

Post link, I'd be most grateful.

Tony
Nick_w Plus
14 4.3k 99 England
13 Mar 2013 12:05PM
I meant if someone has said what is good about the shot, sorry should have been clearer.

But as you mention it, yep votes / clicks comes up in the forums about once a week in one guise or other Wink

Just don't worry about them - the more important ones are site awards (and even they are the opinion of one person) and user awards. Whats important is if you feel your photography is progressing or not. So what if a poorly exposed blurred butterfly on a noisy flower get 200 votes, if they are happy with it then fine. If you want help post in the critique section. There you will get very honest detailed critiques.
bricurtis Plus
15 2.5k 51 England
13 Mar 2013 5:03PM

Quote: Does the vote number reflect the 'better-ness' on EPZ?

They have been known to evoke 'bitter-ness'Wink
Metro6R4 10 3 1 United Kingdom
2 Apr 2013 6:51PM
If everyone used the site in the same way we would have no issues at all. As it happens everyone is different so we end up with a huge scale of differences. And you have to get used to that. If you can't you will be upset and either leave or become a grumpy git and stick around moaning and spoiling things.

This made me laugh.................Tongue
KevSB 17 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
2 Apr 2013 6:55PM
I think the op has left the site now, He joined , asked a hundred questions like this, got upset when told what he didn't want to hear then disappeared
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
2 Apr 2013 8:27PM
No Stamina.
Canonshots 10 206 13 United Kingdom
2 Apr 2013 10:51PM
Voting is a bit capricious.

I only vote for images I actually get to look at, obviously. Equally obviously, I can't be on the site 24/7 so there are lots of images I don't see.

If I'm in a good mood I tend to give more votes than I do otherwise (but going on the site often puts me in a good mood).

If my own images get less than three votes I often (but not always) take them off.

I don't know whether this helps answer the question. I don't even know if there is an answer.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.