Save 60% On inPixio Eclipse HDR Pro

Does this Canon 5D Mark II look legit?

Hugo 16 649 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2011 8:54PM
Gumtree ones are probably stolen... Sad
Especially if they have camera body, lens and battery, but no box or charger.
Dave_Canon 14 1.9k United Kingdom
22 Jul 2011 9:00PM
Mine is the same as Coleslaw. Mine also has a Canon Logo at the bottom middle of the LCD screen but I do not have a screen cover. I personally only ever bought one second hand SLR about 35 years ago cos it was cheap but the lens aperture failed after less than one year and the shutter failed soon after. I have always bought new since and had no problems. I do tend to make my cameras last.

Dave
MrGoatsmilk 12 1.5k England
22 Jul 2011 9:43PM
Is the logo for 5D missing from the front under the EOS? Or is it just compression?
justin c 17 5.1k 36 England
22 Jul 2011 10:25PM
If it's on Gumtree I wouldn't be surprised if it's a con. The place is absolutely riddled with thieving con artists.
Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
22 Jul 2011 10:37PM
A used 5d2 could fetch between 1100-1300. So, those prices are certainly below the norm.
I have never bought from gumtree, but have heard plenty of scams there. So personally I definitely wouldn't buy from there.
22 Jul 2011 10:55PM
Not a Canon user but curious....there are some rear body, button logos on Cole's that are green - those on the one offered for sale aren't...?
Dave_Canon 14 1.9k United Kingdom
23 Jul 2011 9:25AM

Quote:Not a Canon user but curious....there are some rear body, button logos on Cole's that are green - those on the one offered for sale aren't...?

Well I would not say the logo colour on Coleslaw's photograph are green but around cyan. On my 5D2 the logos are blue. The difference could all be down to the lighting and processing; it was only a quick snap and Coleslaw clearly could not have been using his 5D2 to take the shot. The camera offered to Mark also seem to have bluish logos though they show up as very light on the photograph but again that may be lighting and processing.

Dave
Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
23 Jul 2011 9:32AM
Yes, it is blue-ish. I took the photos with my phone and just posted them from my phone.
The 5D and MarkII sign on the front are very clear on my camera. But I can't see that on OP's. Though I don't know if that is due to lighting.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.