Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

USA Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 open to entries NOW!

Dog photography for Dogs Trust - Justin Paget

Sus 11 3.2k 9 England
15 Mar 2012 11:00PM
http://www.justinpaget.com/clients/dogstrust/

I loved these shots that this photographer got at Dogs Trust Snetterton. Why can't I get pics like this! Though I think he is big on lighting....

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy_Cundell 5 1.1k 5 England
16 Mar 2012 7:33AM
Why not contact him and ask him to do a piece for the site?Grin You can get all his secrets then!
Coleslaw 11 13.4k 28 Wales
16 Mar 2012 8:31AM
No disrespect to the photographer, Sus, but just high key shots though, shouldn't be too hard to do.
Sus 11 3.2k 9 England
16 Mar 2012 8:54AM
Hard for me to do Sad Yes, I need his secrets!
rhol2 5 368 1 United Kingdom
16 Mar 2012 11:44AM
It might be worth checking whether or not your camera has a high key setting tucked away somewhere, I know Olympus DSLRs do..and probably many others.

Otherwise you can experiment with the exposure compensation control to dial in a degree of overexposure. Also try to use a white or light coloured background.
KathyW 13 1.8k 12 Norfolk Island
16 Mar 2012 6:22PM
He probably has one of those lastolite hi-lite things that will give you a plain white background and uses a couple of lights either side of the subject. No big secret really, you just need the kit.

I want that collie cross!!! Wink
Sus 11 3.2k 9 England
16 Mar 2012 6:40PM
Me too!!
Sus 11 3.2k 9 England
17 Mar 2012 10:04AM
Actually I prefer the one of the staffie which doesn't have a high key background. I think I just need a nice suitable background like that set up in a suitable place in the house. My comments on my last lab picture showed that I strugged with the background lighting and shadowing. I think the ones here where he's totally removed all background and just left the dog suspended in white space look a bit weird. Its just getting the right gentle shadow around the dog. But if I go for a 'set' (ie like those gundog backgrounds) I won't have to worry about that. I have some ideas!
Coleslaw 11 13.4k 28 Wales
17 Mar 2012 10:10AM
Just find a door/wall with peeled off paints, like you would with people portrait. Should work nicely with the colour and textures.
Sus 11 3.2k 9 England
17 Mar 2012 11:27AM
Good idea, I want something in the house or garden so I've got it to hand. But that's given me some ideas.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.