'Double effect' with text on Canon MG5550

Dabber 17 229 England
27 Nov 2018 9:26PM
I have problem with text and vertical lines when printing with black ink, they look a bit blurry, but when looked at through a loupe it shows a 'double' character slightly offset in the horizontal plane.

I have trawled through the web and found some good stuff on YouTube put on by BCH Technologies, which involved manually aligning the print head(s)
The initial printout of the tests were pretty poor, but I followed the instructions and after about four iterations the resulting test prints were good. However there is no text generated just columns of solid colour.

There was a good improvement generally, but black text, and vertical lines only (horizontal line just fine) were still pretty much the same.

So I changed the colour of the text to blue, then green and finally red and strangely enough those were perfect. So the problem is confined to the black elements.

I can't figure out what to try next................except bin it and get a new one.......any thoughts, has it happened to you?

Thanks for looking and hopefully someone will have some answers

Best Regards
John

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog Plus
10 5.5k 58 United Kingdom
28 Nov 2018 6:57PM
Could the black ink be coming out of a seperate head that is a little loose.
Or does black print twice to show strongly, but colours once?
Do grey lines look messy?
Dabber 17 229 England
28 Nov 2018 9:12PM
Jack, thanks for your comments.
It is only the black ink that shows this annoying problem.
I have tried new cartridges, but it still happens.I suppose the only thing left to investigate would be the print head, but anything on YouTube for extracting it is pretty useless (well the ones I came across are)
Maybe I'll keep my text colour as navy blue, it could become trendy!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.