Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

Druid / pagan photos made it into a magazine :-)

UrbaneMagick 9 172 1 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2014 12:23PM
For the second time now, I have had my Pagan series of photos published in Indie Shaman magazine.
I had been getting a little disheartened, as the photos aren;t going down too well on here, but to have some of the latest series published ( Protest at Stonehenge visitors centre ), has given me a little lift ..phew!
JackAllTog Plus
12 6.2k 58 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2014 1:12PM
I think you've hit the nail on the head - if you want to get published you need to have a unique selling point and a relevant product; The fact that you think you get less adulation here also means that your photo's are more specific to the audience you shoot.

Congratulations on being published, it means those that appreciate your subject matter like your images.
It would be boring if we were all the same.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
27 Jan 2014 1:14PM
I echo JAT's thoughts. Well done on getting published - no mean achievement no matter what the subject matter is!

Malc
puertouk 9 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2014 4:37PM
Don't take any notice of the marks you get on here. I've had several images published in magazines and I think the highest score I've had was around 26. You will find the scoring on here is a clique, so don't worry.
LouiseTopp 10 634 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2014 3:23PM
Hi UrbanMagic do you know Chas and Arther P Dragon? Smile

I wanted to go to Stonehenge but the weather wasn't very good, also heard that the security guards were a bit heavy handed.
fazzer 11 54 7 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2014 6:10PM
Fantastic news Gareth you must be made up by that.....still waiting to have something of mine recognised outside this site....best wishes , jeremy Smile
29 Jan 2014 8:55PM
Hi Louise, well enough, but not brilliantly well yet Smile I joined Law, the winter solstice before last,..... one of my best girl friends is close with Kazz and Arthur... SAM (RAVEN).
29 Jan 2014 8:57PM
Hey, thanks for the positivity. Folks, really appreciated.... The magazine just dropped through my door today Smile
LouiseTopp 10 634 United Kingdom
30 Jan 2014 11:20AM

Quote:Hi Louise, well enough, but not brilliantly well yet Smile I joined Law, the winter solstice before last,..... one of my best girl friends is close with Kazz and Arthur... SAM (RAVEN).

I know Kazz, she is a nice lady. Know a spell for insomnia?
31 Jan 2014 12:15PM
Hi Louise , best spell for insomnia is copious amounts of alcohol :-p
strawman 17 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
31 Jan 2014 4:17PM
As the others say it depends on what the audience want, I have pictures that are heading for publication and I have not put them up here. It is not a problem of them being not good enough as the intended audience like them, but more that while they meet what the client wanted, they will not have wider appeal to photographers.

If you are happy and the publications are happy that is success. My first lesson on this was taking photo’s for an author to be on their book cover. I did some normal classic portrait shots, sitting at the desk background, and some more interesting photo’s to try and make a more personal capture of the author in their personal environment. You guess it the photography by numbers images were wanted.

At first I was a bit miffed, but when I thought about it there were some photo’s they did like and job was done, everyone was happy so no problem. And after a bit of reflection I came to realise that what they asked for was a fairly standard type of photo I just decided to try some extra stuff that they indulged me with. Lesson 2 for me?

Anyway, good luck sounds like your images are in demand, so well done Grin

No criticism of site taste intended

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.