Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Dual monitors with dual mouse

GotYou 13 110
8 Apr 2008 7:29PM
Hi,

I have a laptop with a second monitor set up, is there a way that I can also set up two mice so that each mouse just works of each monitor?

Thanks

Mark
mlewis 16 1.5k United Kingdom
8 Apr 2008 7:37PM
I don't think so. I have never heard of it done before.
Krakman 14 3.6k Scotland
8 Apr 2008 7:38PM
Sorry I don't have a clue about the answer, but have you thought about using four monitors, and strapping an extra couple of mice (mouses?) to your feet?

You could get really productive! If you add in, say, voice recognition, and maybe a keyboard for your tongue then you could do e-mails at the same time Wink

Sorry for the digression...
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
8 Apr 2008 7:46PM
I have never heard of this being done....

Chances are it would be impossible as each mouse would require different driver instuctions, And on a single machine this would probably end up with a BSOD....!

If your using a laptop, You should have the usual silly laptop mouse, Even if you plug in an external you'll find they are linked by a single driver action..........!

In short it's impossible..........!

Now One monitor and 2 computers.....That's a whole other story....!
Krakman 14 3.6k Scotland
8 Apr 2008 7:52PM
Having watched the Diving Bell and the Butterfly recently, I was also wondering if you might get be able to control a fifth screen somehow by wiggling your ears? Smile
GotYou 13 110
8 Apr 2008 7:53PM
i though as much, i have browsed the net with the same results, pity though.

i think if i run a partition i might get it working.

Mark
GotYou 13 110
8 Apr 2008 8:11PM
well i can do it if i run Linux

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MUOn_nJmRA

and really cool music

good demo

Mark
iainpb 16 40
17 Apr 2008 9:33PM
I was a little confused when i first read this but on second thoughts you have really have hit on something. I frequently use dual monitor and sometimes lose the cursor. good news is it can be done. There is utility here that claims to support dual pointing device. I cannot confirm if this works or not but it's worth a try
http://cpnmouse.sourceforge.net/
stolzy 15 3.8k 7
17 Apr 2008 9:44PM
Easy, peasy. Just connect the second mouse and the second screen to a second computer Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.