dubrovnik

robthecamman 7 1.7k United Kingdom
9 Sep 2014 6:54PM
im going to dubrovnik sipan island anybody had any experiance of this location cheers

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

NEWMANP 11 1.6k 574 United Kingdom
9 Sep 2014 9:14PM
Dubrovnik yes, but Sipan island no. trip adviser shows a set of typical images, it does not look to have too much apart from 2 small ports and the odd Olive grove.

despite being partially rebuilt after the troubles, you would never know. Dubrovnik is a heritage site and is beautiful. do not miss a walk around the old town walls. plenty to photograph.

regards
Phil
9 Sep 2014 9:35PM
thanks phil
llareggub 8 825 United Kingdom
9 Sep 2014 10:13PM
Croatia is one of the most beautiful places in Europe, I spent a fair bit of time there before I took up photography... Strangely I have not returned despite it being only a 3hr train journey from home???
RoyBoy 14 303 2 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2014 8:16AM
I spent a week in Dubrovnik a couple of years ago. It and Croatia is lovely, I did not appreciate how many small islands there are around there.
Photographically the town offers up images of some small and interesting narrow streets and people. Walk the road overlooking the town itself (going towards the airport) for the best view of it. Also there are some note interiors shots to be had in Dubrovnik itself. The area around the main port is definitely worth a visit and the surrounding coastline. I would recommend a trip to Mostar, which has a lot of history relating to the recent war. There are definitely some good images to be had here and on route. We also went in a trip to a small island called Korluca, which has ties with Marco Polo. There were some good pictures to be had here also and on the short trip across to it.
The interior around Dubrovnik is very rugged with few roads leading into it. The coastline is smashing though.
10 Sep 2014 9:17AM
thank you royboy.i go to gruz port to get to sipan island i think
ikky 5 88 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2014 11:51AM
Another vote for Dubrovnik, Sipan, and Mostar, lovely areas with loads of picture opportunities.
The people are friendly and welcoming and there are some great restaurants around, don't expect the Ritz but the service food and prices are very good
thewilliam 10 6.1k
10 Sep 2014 12:01PM
Croatia was reckoned to be one of the jewels of the Roman world. Emperor Diocletian could have retired to any part but he chose to live in Split.

Places do change though: Libya provided much of the Empire's grain before it became part of the Sahara Desert!
10 Sep 2014 12:44PM
thank you for all your helpful comments
ChrisV Plus
12 2.3k 26 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2014 5:12PM
Just got back from Croatia a couple of weeks ago. The weather was awful [the worst they've had in a long time] - Dubrovnik however was captivating. As others have said the natives are very friendly and the food is good and very affordable.

We stayed in Cavtat just down the coast - also well worth a visit. A great vantage point for the walled town [of Dubrovnik] is from the adjacent St Lawrence fort which is over the old narrow harbour and stands higher than the city itself.

I will return hopefully in the not too distant future to experience Croatia in sunnier times....
cats_123 Plus
15 4.9k 28 Northern Ireland
23 Sep 2014 6:12PM
Off to Cavtat myself next week GrinGrinGrinGrin
25 Sep 2014 8:29PM
I have a colleague who was there on this summer vacation. Said she had the best moments of her life.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.