Don't Miss Out On Great WEX Offers - Find Out More

Dud 50D Focus

Briwooly Plus
14 454 6 England
23 Sep 2009 10:37PM
All I can say I'm very happy with my 50 and many more on the site will agree with me,and all I can say no problems with mine,

Brian....................................................

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 1.4k England
23 Sep 2009 10:47PM
This is why I buy all my gear from Japan.

UK retail stores are nightmares, even when you stick your consumer rights in their face they still try to tell you that they are the good guys and that "optical diffraction is causing the green lines on your images - not a faulty CCD".

Stick it on selective point AF, focus to something. Switch to Manual focus, stick on live view and go 10x. Should easily be able to see if your AF unit is working properly in the camera...

99% chance it is and your 'softness' is just your opinion.
All in all; the 50D is a 15mp crop factor... With no microlens gaps what do you expect? - the MP jump you have made form a 10d is a large one.

- You know my DHL parcels come with cherry blossom in? Very nice. Smile.
dathersmith 12 565 12 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2009 10:58PM
A mate of mine (Abarker on epz) had similar problems with his new 50D and was ready to swap everything in for Nikon but after a lot of searching found that many people were saying the same. The general opinion was that lenses needed micro adjusting to the body and he did this with both his 24-70 and 70-200 L series lenses and found them to be quite a way out. After adjustment he is now happy with the kit.

Darren.
Kloid 10 10 3 United States
24 Sep 2009 12:06AM
You should set the sharpness to 3 or more in camera, this affects only the jpg anyway and can be changed if needed with the RAW image when doing conversion. I have the 50D and the sharpness I see is excellent, especially when microadjusted for my lenses. Why dont you post an image or two for us to see, its hard to believe you keep getting lemons. Maybe there is something we are missing here.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.