Dunham Massey deer rut

craggwildlifephotography Junior Member 11 137 1 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2015 4:35PM
Can anyone help , I am thinking of going to Dunham Massey (Altrincham) early wed morning , i have not been before anyone got any tips on where to park and which way to go once you've got parked..or is it quite straightforward once your there..

David

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

edrhodes 14 547 13 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2015 5:09PM
Either park in the main carpark or just off the main road by the Dunham Massey village sign and go over the steps and your in the park. As easy as that, really!
ikett 9 545 England
12 Oct 2015 5:40PM
As it's a National Trust property, you won't get anywhere near the deer, the herd is managed and not allowed near public areas during the rut, I've been visiting for 30 years at this time of year no deer to be seen.
edrhodes 14 547 13 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2015 8:13PM

Quote:As it's a National Trust property, you won't get anywhere near the deer, the herd is managed and not allowed near public areas during the rut, I've been visiting for 30 years at this time of year no deer to be seen.

You must be going to a different Dunham Massey than me, I was there at the weekend and during the rut last year and they a roaming freely!
keithh 15 25.5k 33 Wallis And Futuna
12 Oct 2015 8:18PM
The National Trust recommend Dunham Massey as a place to witness the annual rut.
sherlob Plus
13 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2015 9:01AM

Quote:As it's a National Trust property, you won't get anywhere near the deer, the herd is managed and not allowed near public areas during the rut, I've been visiting for 30 years at this time of year no deer to be seen.

I have never been as close to deer before than Dunham.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.