ePz Exclusive: Save 10% On Eversure Camera Insurance

Dust on my sensor (5d)

oll1e 12 57 2 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2007 7:10PM
Iexpect this has been asked many times on here,but i hope you can help me ,ive a canon 5d ,and ive got dust on my sensor (quite a fair bit ) anyway i went to middlesborough to get some advice from the local shop 25 miles from me !!!!! he said to use an arctic butterfly as he said swabs in his estimation left residue on the sensor .so i forked out the dosh that i didnt have !!!!! and guess what, yeah it removed some ,but ive still got loads of dust still there
what do you use and where can i get it ,plus is it easy to use ,im so pigged off i havent bothered going out like usual
ollie

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

justin c 15 5.0k 36 England
19 Sep 2007 7:19PM
Everything you could ever wish to know about sensor cleaning HERE

I use the home made spatula,pec pads and eclipse cleaning solution on my 5D. Works perfectly each and every time. Never had an issue with residue, but it's worth remembering that a maximum of two drops is all that's needed on each swab.
It's dead easy,extremely effective and costs next to nothing.
Good luck.

Justin
andytvcams 16 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2007 7:22PM
The arctic butterfly is one of the best products on the market.

It may well be that some of the dust has really stuck on the sensor in which case you will need the swabs.
oll1e 12 57 2 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2007 8:26PM
Many thanks guys ,Andy i guess youre right about it being stuck on there ,and Justin many thanks for the link ,its most helpful and its certainly made me feel a bit better....lol
ollie
danbrann 14 640 17
19 Sep 2007 11:11PM

Quote:Everything you could ever wish to know about sensor cleaning HERE

I use the home made spatula,pec pads and eclipse cleaning solution on my 5D. Works perfectly each and every time. Never had an issue with residue, but it's worth remembering that a maximum of two drops is all that's needed on each swab.
It's dead easy,extremely effective and costs next to nothing.
Good luck.

Justin

Yes this works every time for me but remember to use a fully charged battery when carrying out this operation.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.