WEX Deal: Save 500 on the Sony A7R Mark II

E-mail via Skys website

simont 16 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2008 2:45PM
I'm hoping that some of you technical guys out there can help me with a problem I'm having with getting E-mail via Skys website.

Everytime I try and log onto E-mail via skys website it gets stuck at the "Access Rights Validation" tab and it doesn't make the final connect over to google mail, but continually refresh that tab with a long string of numbers and letters and slashes.

I don't have any problem downloading the mail to Outlook, that works quite nicely. As I can get the mail via Outlook it isn't a major problem, but it is frustrating as any mail they class as spam isn't downloaded and you can't stop it filtering what it thinks is spam, so every week or so I have to check to see what it's classed as spam and manually retrieve it.

The pc in question is running: XP Pro, Service pack 2 with NOD32 as a virus checker.

I have no problem connecting from work (though that doesn't have NOD32 running) nor do I have any problems connecting via my Fathers PC which also runs XP and NOD32.

As far as I can tell there are no problems with NOD32 there's nothing in its log files to indicate it's refused any page.

I've also never amended the security options within Explorer 7 on any of the PCs.

The helpdesk at Sky went through the usual tick list and haven't been able to offer any advice as to what the problem could be, infact she even said she'd never come across this problem before.

Hopefully, one of you nice techy people will know the answer straight away.

Simon

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

17 Sep 2008 10:38PM
Simple, because google mail hosts Sky mail, and I don't have a valid google username/password for google mail.

Simon
17 Sep 2008 11:07PM
Thanks Chris for the suggestions.

I've not tried an alternative browser, never had any problems with Explorer and I suspect that because I access it via two other pcs using explorer it's something on this pc.

The spam mail, is filtered by google and you can't stop it - I checked with sky as I couldn't find any option to allow spam - once you flag a spam as normal mail it doesn't spam it anymore.

Simon

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.