Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

E-PM2 body crack close to screws...

shumer12 7 1
26 Sep 2013 8:09PM
Hi everyone, does anybody experienced this issue, cracks close to a body cover screws on E-PM2? It is almost new camera (2 months), never been "abused". It seems to me when I unpacked the camera these cracks weren't there... The only "abuse" this camera had in the past, it is exposure to temperature +5C
epm2-crack2.jpg
Dann 7 250
26 Sep 2013 8:12PM

Quote: It seems to me when I unpacked the camera these cracks weren't there... The only "abuse" this camera had in the past, it is exposure to temperature +5C

Take/send it back to the supplier

(I have the same body)
shumer12 7 1
26 Sep 2013 8:22PM
Thanks. Did you mean same problem or just the body?
Dann 7 250
26 Sep 2013 8:45PM
Mine's perfect.

Take/Send it back. Smile
duratorque 17 427 United Kingdom
28 Sep 2013 10:21AM
I just checked my E-PM2 which have been dropped a couple of times. No cracks found anywhere, in fact no signs of damage.
simev 16 26 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2013 7:51PM
I have the same problem with the E-pl3. Apparently its a known problem with the OMD-EM5 too. A quick Google search shows that the E-pm2 has the same issues. Apparently Olympus are more than happy to sort the problem but I have decided to wait and see if it gets worse before the end of the warranty period rather than go to the hassle of sending it to a service centre. Interestingly my EM5 has never been on a tripod and displays no issues where as my E-pl3 has been on a tripod and displays the cracks next to the screws on the flip out screen. There is a theory that its a combination of the over tight screws and the pressure exerted on that area by the tripod mount that cracks the plastic.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.