Save 60% On inPixio Eclipse HDR Pro

E2 Features

covey 16 1.7k Ireland
6 Jul 2005 4:03PM
It's only a little while now and E2 memberships will start to come up for renewal.

Got me thinking about the advantage or not of membership renewal. Ok there are some more stats, but frankly I wouldn't pay 30 quid for those and a lot of the other features , notification etc, I either don't use or could live without.

Looking at what I (it's personal) use and value, I concluded that they are not as effective as I would like. So here's my wishlist (working from the premise that it must be easy (ish) to do).

1. Uploads

I think E2 members should have more fexibilty when posting. Sometimes your on holiday, sick or whatever and not able to post for a while. Other times you might have a glut of stuff to post and have to wait.

My proposal 365 uploads per annum for E2 Members.

2. Large Version

I doubt that people are opening the large version in big volumes. Having taken the bother to process the large file, presumably this is what the poster wishes to be viewed. Quite often they are far superior and I've noticed a lot of recent complaints about the resized pics.

My proposal is that the large file is automatically loaded when the thumbnail is clicked.

3. Showcase

I don't this is at all effective. Don't have a proposal here but I'm sure there are views out there.

T.
andytvcams 18 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2005 4:10PM
And a bigger upload limit,at 200kb,its just not enough especially for landscapes were the greens really suffer,

Also agree with number two,put it could be argued that it would not be fair for members that are on dial up.
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
6 Jul 2005 4:19PM
Good thoughts. I like #1 covey.
#2 I could take or leave. If I like a photo, I always view the large version. #3 I generally keep my personal favourites there, for my own use.

Andy, that's also an idea that could gain some support. I haven't posted many landscapes lately, mainly because I can't bring myself to take my new lens off the camera, lol. I'm sure that'll wear off over the years.
User_Removed 17 17.9k 8 Norway
6 Jul 2005 10:49PM
Agree with #1.
Agree with #2 - provided the 'auto-links' then take the viewer back to the relevant PF comments page and - most important - the viewer can then return to the Readers Gallery on the right page. Grin)

Can 'take or leave' #3
Pete 19 18.8k 97 England
6 Jul 2005 10:57PM
good ideas, keep the thoughts coming and we'll see what we can do.
cdm36 17 391 7 England
6 Jul 2005 11:08PM
How about the option to preview the image before it goes live on the gallery page, would be able to see what it looks like and then be able to delete it if not quite right instead of it going onto the gallery page and then watching them disappear before your eyes.
andytvcams 18 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2005 11:14PM
The Preview option was what i suggested at the start of e2 and it would be very useful.
Big Bri 19 16.7k United Kingdom
6 Jul 2005 11:18PM
I'd like an option where if you are an e2 member, you can upload a fairly average photo and some whizzy software will turn it into a masterpiece.

Please.
User_Removed 16 524 England
6 Jul 2005 11:47PM
Bri LOL!!! I'm with you there.

Agree with all the above. With the issue of people on dial up and a click through to the larger version - could you not have an option box in your portfolio set up? If you're on dial up then tick the box and you always get the smaller version. If you're on broadband and always want the bigger version, then tick another box.
CaptivePhotons 17 1.7k 2 England
7 Jul 2005 12:05AM

Quote:I'd like an option where if you are an e2 member, you can upload a fairly average photo and some whizzy software will turn it into a masterpiece.

Lets write to Adobe and ask for an 'auto EC' to be added to the list of options, a bit like auto levels etc.

Graham
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
7 Jul 2005 12:17AM
"It's only a little while now and E2 memberships will start to come up for renewal."

I'm sure there will be others thinking along the same lines as yourself, having joined at 20, they will find their renewal has increased 50% to 30. Those that use all that the membership offers will probably still consider it good value for money, those that don't might well be having a rethink. As someone that mainly uses the forum, doesn't have a portfolio, I haven't bothered joining, but I can see that a lot avail themselves of most of the facilities, so they probably will renew.
bppowell 19 2.2k 2 England
7 Jul 2005 12:42AM
I would like to be able to organise my own port folio. Create albums and move images.

I to would have to consider the renewal premium. Even if I had my wish and could create albums I am not sure I would want to pay more than I paid last time, the change would encourage me to renew.

As a point of interest what happens if you do not renew your membership.

Barry
ian walker 16 717 United Kingdom
7 Jul 2005 1:14AM
preview would be good.

ability to upload 365 images per year would be nice because i go for a while with nothing, then have loads of rubbish, errr sorry high quality images that everyone just needs to see..............

i like the statistics cause that gives me the best idea of how good my work is in terms of the ratio of hearts to views. it really is my benchmark at the moment. perhaps that ratio can be displayed as a percentage so that i dont have to do the maths.
keith selmes 17 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
7 Jul 2005 1:29AM
An annual quota for uploads would be good.

A facility to organise the portfolio would also be good, preferably creating subsections with names of our choosing, and moving selected images to those sections.
Pete 19 18.8k 97 England
7 Jul 2005 1:31AM
Answer for Barry. You return to standard membership if you don't renew e2. Extra features will vanish but everything else will stay as was.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.