Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

E2 Features

agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
8 Jul 2005 12:42AM
"30 Sterling may be a reasonable price in the UK but when you multiply it by 2.5 that is $75 to me."

Today 30 converts to $52, so it's cheaper than you think! Wink
But agree, it's still not cheap.
8 Jul 2005 12:45AM
Its cheaper than all those magazines that sit in a pile unused. I get more out of ePZ than any magazine I've read. Buy one magazine for a year at 4.99 or two years subs to ePZ, I know which I prefer. Learnt more here than anywhere else.
KatieR 17 6.2k 6
8 Jul 2005 12:49AM
When you compare it to the cost of books, too - which is where you would need to look for much of the information you can get here - it becomes even better value.
When you think about the amount of money that members are already spending on kit (not all of us, but many)I find it interesting that they would question the fee at 30. And isn't everyone always saying how digital photography is so much better value for money? LOL!!
TeresaH 15 1.1k United Kingdom
8 Jul 2005 1:04AM

Quote:Its cheaper than all those magazines that sit in a pile unused

You been looking in my room?
Tooth 16 5.8k 227 Ireland
8 Jul 2005 1:38AM

Quote: 30 Sterling may be a reasonable price in the UK but when you multiply it by 2.5 that is $75 to me.

and its probably 30 million lira to an Italian - that's what currency convcersion factors are for - sorry but that's one particular argument that I don't think holds much water.
However, it's all down to personal choice and values, each to their own

by the way there's an almost identical thread here

have a nice weekend all, wherever you are :0)
covey 16 1.7k Ireland
8 Jul 2005 1:45AM
Stephen, you totally isolated up there.. Italy/Lira/2005 ?

LOL

T.
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
8 Jul 2005 2:01AM
"When you compare it to the cost of books, too - which is where you would need to look for much of the information you can get here - it becomes even better value."

It's good that you are pleased with your membership, and consider you are getting value for money, that's important. However, you are in a minority, if the figures that we given are true, ie. 10% of the membership are e2 members, that obviously means a whopping 90% do not share your views, do not think it's such a good deal. Sure, a lot of those who are members might well not use the site a lot, so have no interest in joining e2 anyway. I'm sure Pete is keen to reduce that 90%,but despite recent iniatives to encourage people to join, the figure is still high. I'm not sure what the answer is, what needs to be done to encourage more to join.
Re the books, most stuff is now available on the web, most of the info here is duplicated on other sites, it's all freely available.
eafy 16 9 Australia
8 Jul 2005 2:05AM
Books are free from your local library!
8 Jul 2005 2:10AM

Quote:most stuff is now available on the web, most of the info here is duplicated on other sites, it's all freely available.

The information is still free to view, that hasnt changed. Development plans and new initiatives to improve the facilities of the site and e2 membership benefits are in the pipeline as a result of member requests. The site is continually evolving, one day you might even have something positive to say about it.
KatieR 17 6.2k 6
8 Jul 2005 2:19AM
Ok, so none of you buy books or magazines and you can get all your info on other sites ...

What about the ability ask questions? Have you ever NOT got an answer to something here? I think that is pretty incredible. I view other sites where questions are avoided and massive rows break out - far, far more offensive than on here.
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
8 Jul 2005 2:55AM
"Ok, so none of you buy books or magazines "

That's an assumption, on your part. Perhaps you could point out where it says that. Have you never bought a book, and used the library? Have you never bought a magazine, and read the internet.

"The information is still free to view, that hasnt changed."

I can't see where anyone has said it has.

" one day you might even have something positive to say about it."

And one day, you might check your facts before sounding off. I have said on more than one ocassion, I enjoy the forum facility, but do not choose to upload photos. For that reason I don't choose to join e2.
KatieR 17 6.2k 6
8 Jul 2005 2:58AM
I GIVE UP!

THIS IS POINTLESS
covey 16 1.7k Ireland
8 Jul 2005 3:08AM
As I was to one start, would be it be possible to get back on topic, please?

The object was to discuss how we could improve what e2 now is, without making it overonerous on the Team.

T.
UserRemoved 16 6.2k 1
8 Jul 2005 3:57AM
I take it that it wasn't Life Membership, then? Smile

Another vote for the larger filesize

Shall be renewing my membership anyway - its a good way to give something back. Value for money doesn't even come into the equation, for me; tho' I do enjoy the e2 benefits

And, for the record, never bought a single photography magazine or book (apart from The Book , of course!)

Not e2 related, but would still like an indicator to show whether critique wanted/not wanted
leedsgh 16 496 United Kingdom
8 Jul 2005 4:08AM
K, I totally see where you're coming from on the magazine payment / e2 membership argument, but before I joined e2 I still got loads of tips. Thats before I joined e2. No money spent.

The debate here is about the benefits of paying for e2, not Ephotozine as a whole.

By becoming an e2 member, I don't feel I've learnt any more than I would if I hadn't spent 20 to join.

Gav

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.