Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

E2 Features

keithh 17 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
8 Jul 2005 5:39AM
Personally the ability to post a 1000 pixel image is worth the cost of e2 on it's own. The other items I just find 'interesting'.
ptilley 19 11 United Kingdom
8 Jul 2005 8:37AM
I have been a member since 2001 and think this site is one of the best for anyone interested in Photography, but times have changed and I think with so many good Photography sites available now it is more difficult to get people to pay for the extra benefits of being an E2 member.I am a E2 member and all being well will renew my membership but think that to increase the E2 membership more benefits need to be offered. Maybe a discount on the price if you renew for more than 1 year (2yr-3yr etc) maybe also the ability to personalise your home page eg. show your favourite photographers most recent shots, colour scheme, links etc. More flexibility with your uploads. Just a few thoughts. Paul.
juliem 16 613
8 Jul 2005 8:46AM
I signed up to support the site too-I enjoy the additional extras and the proposed extras sound good too-it's not compulsory to join!
mdpontin 16 6.0k Scotland
8 Jul 2005 10:17AM

Quote:Have you ever NOT got an answer to something here?

Umm...yes!

Quote:Wait, I'm not quite clear on that. I understand that if you let your e2 membership lapse, you won't be able to use the e2 features, but what happens to your 1000px photos? Do they continue to be available for viewing, or would you be reduced to only having the auto-resized 500px images?

Any answers? (Or did I miss it - I do that sometimes!)

Wink

Doug
Pete 19 18.8k 97 England
8 Jul 2005 10:56AM
Whoops I thought I'd answered that, sorry. The 1000 pixel version is an e2 feature. The link would go and just the 500 pixel version would show. All future uploads would just be 500 pixel.
mdpontin 16 6.0k Scotland
10 Jul 2005 3:27AM
Thanks Pete. That was what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure.

Doug
strawman 17 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
10 Jul 2005 3:34AM
Pete

What I would love as part of E2 is the ability to split my gallery into categories so I could make a sort of showcase. For example putting portraits together, wildlife together. That way you have the chance to show a developing theme.

also the original joining price was about correct, the renew fee may be a bit high. I seldom use the current E2 features and so may drop to normal with a donation.

Regards John

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.