Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Easter in Zimbabwe

davidbailie Plus
12 452 7 United Kingdom
21 Mar 2008 10:34AM
Received this from a relative of mine in Zimbabwe - He has not complained specifically in the last ten years just gives me the facts (perhaps he's keeping his head below the parapet - smart thinking I'd say) anyway this is his latest and very brief missive - yes m=million !

"well folks, still alive, emails very expensive 3m per min and the connections are not the greatest petrol now up to 46m a litre and an egg varies from 3.5 up to 7m each - had my 5 hundred million to pay for the flight to Bulawayo, only to have my hopes shattered (after the booking was confirmed with references) to be told that the flights were now 2 billion 4 hundred million etc so I'm spending it in Harare - anyway will chomp my hot cross bun of 8m hope to fine a raisin that is if it has not been pinched - well have a blessed Easter keep smiling "

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rowarrior 7 4.4k 9 Scotland
21 Mar 2008 11:28AM
When I was in South Africa last year, one of my colleagues was from Zim and he was telling us stories of he and his cousins going back for weddings and things with big rucksacks full of money, also of the day when the government just decided to knock the last 3 zeros off every note, so people had to cross them out before they spent them - totally nuts!

Hope your cousin finds his raisin though Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.