Save 40% On inPixio Photo Studio 12 - Now 29.99

Edge to Edge printing

nixi 18 8
5 May 2004 9:20AM
Not sure if here is the right place for this question but hopefully someone can help......

I am working on an A4 image in photoshop and want to print edge to edge on my epson 2100.

I am setting the document size, and making sure it matches printer paper size (no margins) but the image is always too big for the page. I am printing edge to edge just loosing some of my image.

So far I can only rework this by trial and error by resizing my image on the page which is very frustrating- I was wondering if someone had a foolproof solution.
ukuwi 18 476 1 England
5 May 2004 1:02PM
I had a similar problem, I wanted an easy way of getting my prints the exact size I wanted, and wondered why there was no software to do this, then I thought I have never really looked and then I found Qimage
www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/
superb software, I totally reccomend it.
brm 18 76
5 May 2004 1:15PM
Most inkjets won't print to the edge of the paper as they keep a (roughly) 5mm margin free where the rollers grip the paper. Also if you're printing right to the edge you're upping the chance that you'll get ink splatters on your print as the ink on the heads sometimes clip the edge of the paper.

Most modern soho printers give you an option to print right to the edge, usually under advanced options, but the quality decreases in that area - not normally apparent on a photo, certainly noticable if printing graphical work.

Personally I print everything on A3+ sheets & then crop them down with a scalpel, but then I've probably picked up bad habits from working in a design studio...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.