PortraitPro 21 - 50% OFF + an EXTRA 20% OFF! Use Code: EPZJS

Edinburgh meet?

pixor 16 181 Australia
2 Jan 2008 1:53PM
Hi Everyone,

I wondered if there were enough of us in the Edinburgh area to have a photo-taking day? I have recently moved to the area, so I am interested to meet some local photographers and get some local knowledge.

I am not that interested in the "traditional" touristy Castle-type shots, but anything else would be great.

Is anyone interested?

Mike.
rowarrior 13 4.4k 9 Scotland
2 Jan 2008 2:22PM
I'm from 'the other side' but I'm sure I could catch a train across to join a group of you. Unfortunately I don't know anywhere particularly to take photos (tend to avoid the place Wink )

KT
v8dunc 13 333 4 Scotland
2 Jan 2008 5:45PM
Im from Kilmarnock,not to far away could be interested

Cheers Duncan
Matheson 14 192 Scotland
2 Jan 2008 5:57PM
Maybe, although its a bit of a trek from my 'burgh Smile
Like Katy, I tend to avoid our grey capital.
Adam
pixor 16 181 Australia
3 Jan 2008 1:14AM
I actually live near Falkirk (work in Ed), so I am happy to go anywhere within a reasonable drive. Glasgow looks a great place for photography, but I know even less about the West...
cattyal Plus
15 9.2k 6 England
3 Jan 2008 9:00AM
I know it's a long way off but I'm hoping to arrange a meet sometime in August in Edinburgh. I'll be up there for a fortnight for the Festival and reckon I can spare a day for a few EPZers Smile Not much use to you now though.

If you find some peeps with local knowledge you'll see there is loads to photograph that isn't the standard touristy stuff - I've spent many an hour wandering the back streets of Edinburgh. Maybe a gallery search on Edinburgh might give you a few pointers?
Diemey 14 7 Scotland
3 Jan 2008 8:45PM
I would be interested, if i could. I too moved to the Edinburgh area recently. Haven't managed to get around the city as yet - so very limited local knowledge. But could always do some research as Cattyal suggested.

Mark
scottishphototours 17 2.6k 2
3 Jan 2008 9:30PM
It's a great place to take pictures, back streets are the best up around Royal Mile and down at the gardens. The other side of George Street around the Portrait Gallery is good too. Always found late summer to be best - more light flooding into the shadows means better chance of success.

Only advice - watch your back and your pockets/bag. Seriously, there are some scary dudes hang about over there.

Andy.
kaybee Plus
16 7.5k 26 Scotland
3 Jan 2008 9:36PM
There are a few of us in the Edinburgh area and I am sure we could get another wee meet together (there was one organised by John Hawthorne).
Dunjava is also in the Falkirk area.

The best thing to do is (roughly) set a date and place (pin & map?) and bung it up in the \meet section
JulieTinton 15 39 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2008 9:42PM
I'd be happy to join in! I live in Central Edinburgh and know the area very well!

Julie
dragarth 16 247 1 Scotland
3 Jan 2008 9:55PM
dependant on time, place and workload I might be able to trip down if you get something together..

sean
scott_jessuk 15 249 1 Scotland
4 Jan 2008 10:30AM
I have also recently moved to Edinburgh so would be interested in a local meet. Also interested in the festival meet too.

Scott
cattyal Plus
15 9.2k 6 England
4 Jan 2008 11:04AM
Yep - I've not forgotten the hoped-for Festival meet! Just a shame it's such a long time off.
fauxtography 15 6.6k 36
4 Jan 2008 11:10AM
wasn't there a thread for the festival meet?
cattyal Plus
15 9.2k 6 England
4 Jan 2008 12:31PM
I think I mentioned the possibility at one point - my brain is all soft, mushy and useless today. Hopefully the application of a small drink this evening will serve to return me to my usual razor sharp something or other.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.