Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

EIZO ColorEdge CS2420 24 Inch IPS Monitor

johnmac 9 145
17 Nov 2019 12:43PM
I'm thinking of changing my Dell 24" monitor and been looking at the EIZO ColorEdge CS2420 24 Inch IPS Monitor. Can anyone who has a EIZO monitor tell me is the display sharp? Also, I use a datacolor SpyderX to calibrate my monitor will I still need to use it or does the EIZO ColorEdge CS2420 24 Inch IPS Monitor already come with its own colour calibration.

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Railcam 13 782 2 Scotland
17 Nov 2019 1:19PM
Earlier this year I invested in an Eizo CG2730. Yes it is very sharp. It comes already calibrated to ICC standards. Being a CG it has its own built in calibration. The CS does not so you will still need need to use your Spyder X to calibrate it periodically.

The only change I have made to mine is to reduce the brightness from 120 to 80 candelas per square metre. My prints now match for brightness.

Eizo do have a top class reputation with good reason.

If you want to read the difference between the CG and CS models it is here
johnmac 9 145
17 Nov 2019 1:31PM
Thank you for taking the time to reply and your advice I very much appreciate it. I will definitely not purchase an EIZO I'm impressed with the warranty that comes with.

Thanks
17 Nov 2019 8:58PM

Quote:I will definitely not purchase an EIZO

Is this what you really mean?
johnmac 9 145
17 Nov 2019 9:22PM
Thatíll teach me read what I write before sending, I will definitely be buying an Eizo. One of the reasons Iím changing my Dell U24 is for some reason it keeps going dim. Which is a real pain when editing images even if the histogram is spot on the screen sometimes goes dark and you can get the impression it needs more exposure. Been through all the setting and they are correct, searched on line and many people are having the same problem.

Thanks again
18 Nov 2019 3:36PM
Eizo are expensive but I do not think you will be disappointed. Top quality kit. I think the 5 year warranty is on site. I got mine from ColorConfidence.

Cheers
Keith
johnmac 9 145
25 Nov 2019 10:30AM
Thanks for all your help Keith I ordered the Eizo monitor today. I already own a Spyder X calibrator.

John
25 Nov 2019 10:58AM
Excellent. I look forward to hearing what you think.
Keith
johnmac 9 145
30 Nov 2019 3:13PM
Hi Keith

Well, my Eizo 2420 arrived and must admit better than I thought, you were absolutely right the colours are excellent. Didn't take too long to setup although I had a game calibrating it with Navigation 7, I have to use external calibrator Spyder X and it couldn't find it Eizo have only just made the Spyder X compatible. thankfully WexPhotographic came to my help.

I tried using the Adobe RGB setting but it's defaulted to white balance of 5500k and can't edit that to change as the edit button is faded out. However, the chap at Wex said to use the custom settings as it's set to 6500k by default and change the brightness from 118 cd.m2 to 120.

I think you said you changed your brightness to 80cd/m2 ? I don't print my images I use an online printer via my website Zenfoli use 'One Vision Imagine'

Thank you for you help and advice I really appreciated it.

John
30 Nov 2019 4:55PM
Glad that is up to your expectations. If you find your prints from your online printer come back a fraction dark, you know the answer, reduce the monitor brightnes to 80cd/m2.

Pleased that I could help.
Regards
Keith

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.