Nik Collection 2018 by DxO - FREE with selected X-Rite products!

Eizo Colorimeter EX3

14 Jan 2017 7:58PM
My old faithful colorimeter OPTIX DTP94 is not supported in Windows 10, so I need to purchase another device to calibrate my Eizo CG241W. I thought it would make life simpler if I used the Eizo product EX3, but I don't seem to be able to discover where it can be purchased aside from buying it from Japan via Amazon.

I have also seen references which imply that the Eizo colorimeter is in fact a Spyder colorimeter.

Can anyone help me out?

Can I purchase the Eizo EX3 in the US?

Or, is it being sold as perhaps the X-Rite i1Display Pro?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Philh04 Plus
13 2.0k United Kingdom
15 Jan 2017 9:21AM
From memory any X-Rite product will work with the Eizo software... The EX3 is available in Europe but not sure of the US.
15 Jan 2017 12:49PM
The DPT94 definitely does not work with Windows 10.

Yes, I have seen that the EX3 is sold in many European countries. In the user's manual for the latest version of the ColorEdge ColorNavigator, under the the Measurement Device, the following is listed: "Datacolor Sypder5/EX3". I'm guessing that this means that the two devices are identical. I'm further guessing that the the same produce, under the two different names are sold according to location. But, I just can't confirm this.

Anyone able to help?
Philh04 Plus
13 2.0k United Kingdom
15 Jan 2017 1:38PM
I think you are correct in that the Spyder 5 is the same as the EX3, depends on your budget but I would go for either the latest X-Rite Colourmunki or the Spyder, I prefer X-Rite products but that is a personal choice.
Fma7 4 915 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2017 8:32PM
If you have a look here it appears someone has been able to get it running under Windows 10
16 Jan 2017 9:19PM
Thanks for the reference, but I decided to cut loose from the DPT94. It was great, but I am too old now to figure out a work around for Windows 10. Back in 2013 with Windows 7, I had a problem with my raid system recognizing the device so I had to connect the Eizo to my laptop to calibrate. I am hoping that a new device along with Windows 10 and the new ColorNavigator will be smooth sailing.
Philh04 Plus
13 2.0k United Kingdom
17 Jan 2017 10:09AM

Quote:so I had to connect the Eizo to my laptop to calibrate

That would not have worked and most likely will have resulted in an incorrect profile as it is a different graphics card etc., plus the profile would be saved to your laptop and not to your desktop.
17 Jan 2017 12:34PM
I don't remember the details,but the desktop monitor was connected to the laptop, and it actually did work. I followed instructions from Eizo tech support. I have the profile on the desktop stored in the correct place so it displays.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.