Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Elinchrom d-lite 4it studio lighting kit (softbox version)

Curious to know if anyone has used these strobes or has the kit, and what do they think of it? I have rarely used studio lighting, but I am getting so much demand for head shots and portraits I am having to take seriously the idea of buying something.

I did find an Einstein 640 (Paul C Buff) two head kit at a very reasonable price, but I have a feeling that the UK is not served well by distributers, and thing like modifiers would have to be constantly sourced from abroad. Am I wrong in thinking that?

Advice from anyone who uses studio lighting regularly would be nice. cheers.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
7 7.0k 33 Norway
16 Jul 2017 5:03PM
I have used this set-up for about 5 years now - two strobes used in conjunction with Elinchrom's Skyport trigger. Have 2 sets of softboxes - 70x70 and 90x60cm.
Never let me down. Very robust.
Adjustable model lights and good power range on the strobe. Perfect for what you have in mind for portraits and head shots.
Philh04 Plus
11 1.1k United Kingdom
16 Jul 2017 5:56PM
Personally I would avoid the Einstein models, they use the Balcar mounting system for reflectors etc.. The Elinchroms will have far better back up and the accessories etc. much easier to source. Have a look at 'The Flash Centre', their parent company are the UK importers...
Went for the elinchroms. I thought 385 was not a bad deal for the full softbox kit. Now I can probably expect to spend a shed load on backdrop solutions, beauty dish, umbrellas...............................................
Paul Morgan 16 18.7k 6 England
19 Jul 2017 9:58PM

Quote:Went for the elinchroms. I thought 385 was not a bad deal for the full softbox kit. Now I can probably expect to spend a shed load on backdrop solutions, beauty dish, umbrellas...............................................

No, loads of third party stuff, check out Amazon.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.